Author Topic: 2012/10/26 - Obj to Blb Converter  (Read 100413 times)

it isn't the bricks being scaled

when you're far away, the bricks are rendered where you can't notice that small difference in the difference between surfaces.

it's impossible to render bricks to scale 100% of the time when your monitor is in pixels

Why would you expect both of those bricks to align perfectly? They wont cause they arent even made by the same person. At least I think so...

Got some stuff done.

Why. Why. Oh why would you smooth shade the blockheads? Now it looks nothing like the player.

Why. Why. Oh why would you smooth shade the blockheads? Now it looks nothing like the player.
this

this
though nice work.

Because that's how I have the model. Not like thats a big issue.
I'm just glad they work correctly..

Thanks for commenting on ONLY that 'issue'..
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 12:54:23 PM by Mr.Noßody »

do the align with the brick grid?

do the align with the brick grid?

Yes, I dont see how they couldn't..
The bounding box rounds up/down to align with the grid.

Only the bottom two bricks have flat sides and both of them hug walls, so yeah.

oh my god mr nobody, those are absolutely beautiful

Ill flatshade those bastards later..

Got some stuff done.

[IM G]http://i46.tinypic.com/2yts9r9.png[/img]

[IM G]http://i48.tinypic.com/2mnjccg.png[/img]
I suppose they do look a little bit more like a worn statue when smoothshaded.

Also, you should make a blockhead knight/swordsman mounted on a horse in heroic positions.

Because that's how I have the model.
DarkStar's rig.. It absolutely baffles me how people know how to pose but not how to edit the models.

Also, you should make a blockhead knight/swordsman mounted on a horse in heroic positions.

Too many quads. The Blockhead is around 450 alone. Doubt the horse would fit.
But the idea is nice. Perhaps if Badspot upps the limit.

DarkStar's rig.. It absolutely baffles me how people know how to pose but not how to edit the models.

Okay no. I have the models, but I did not flatshade them because I didn't think people would complain about it.
I dont care myself and that's why I made these bricks, cause I wanted them.

Flatshading is not rocket science...
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 01:19:59 PM by Mr.Noßody »

Too many quads. The Blockhead is around 450 alone. Doubt the horse would fit.
But the idea is nice. Perhaps if Badspot upps the limit.
Export the player and the horse separately and then merge the BLB's. I don't think there's a limit on the BLB quads, but rather it's a limit set by the exporter to stop newbies from creating hugely detailed bricks.