2012/10/26 - Obj to Blb Converter

Author Topic: 2012/10/26 - Obj to Blb Converter  (Read 92618 times)

Will the converted model fit in the studs? So it's not incorrectly sized.

Depends on your model and bounds.

Badspot

• Administrator

I am using this google sketchup models. It should look like this.

I guess you'll have to rotate it in the editor or export it as z-axis = up if that is an option.  As for the texturing, the converter only outputs blank quads using TEX:SIDE, so you must have done that yourself. 

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22217440/untitled.obj

My blender version is 2.57.0, if that helps at all.

The converter was only looking for groups, not objects.  I have updated the converter to fix this issue. 

I seriously don't understand what you're asking.  Make your model the correct size and it will be the correct size. 

Took me a bit of trial and error, but I got it to work with the blender exporter! Thanks Badspot, it looks wonderful!

Any ideas on determining the position of a quad, though? I'd love to be able to texture the window frame.

Took me a bit of trial and error, but I got it to work with the blender exporter! Thanks Badspot, it looks wonderful!

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Bocifej/Random/blockland_00426.png

Any ideas on determining the position of a quad, though? I'd love to be able to texture the window frame.

YES! Windows!

Badspot, you should add quad seperation by name too

for example, quad_top, will place it under the top quads.

It would help with things like the above.

How!

Badspot, you should add quad seperation by name too

for example, quad_top, will place it under the top quads.

It would help with things like the above.

Actually, I could probably do that by hand. I could make the top, bottom, side bits as separate objects and name them accordingly. Then I could mark each of those with a different colour to help me identify them. And then I could tinker with the uvs. I should probably put my theory to practice.

Took me a bit of trial and error, but I got it to work with the blender exporter!
What Blender version?

What Blender version?

2.49b

also, I had to edit things in the obj file, like the names of the groups. And one thing: make sure you export the normals too, and turn off the option that rotates the whole thing by 90 degrees.

cool, now make one with shutters

Oh, hell yes. Shutters would be epic.

I guess you'll have to rotate it in the editor or export it as z-axis = up if that is an option.  As for the texturing, the converter only outputs blank quads using TEX:SIDE, so you must have done that yourself. 
Thank you. If there any problems. I will post it here with any errors. I am glad you help me with this.