Author Topic: Does anyone know about the zivilschutzfilter 68?  (Read 5091 times)

I want to dress up as an Empty person from doctor who for halloween.
I have an old Zivilschutzfilter 68 and mask that I found in my grandpa's basement that I'm going to wear, but I don't know much about it.
I knew that at some point in history, people used asbestos for the filters on gas masks, though I know most of those were destroyed when people found out how much asbestos sucked. But I don't know if this happens to be one of those that escaped that fate.
Does anyone know if it's safe to wear a gasmask with the zivilschutzfilter 68?

Asbestos is dangerous to inhale, from which you might develop mesothelioma. I would use a medical mask if you do use it.

Asbestos is dangerous to inhale, from which you might develop mesothelioma. I would use a medical mask if you do use it.
Well, I don't know if there IS asbestos in it in the first place. That's why I'm asking.

It's something that causes any effect after like 10 years of working in some old factory. It's not going to matter if you wear it for a few hours.

People sell them on Ebay and Military Surplus sites without any warnings, one would assume that these filters are 100% okay to use.
That being said, the filter will not be in working condition at this point, they only last a few years tops, if that matters to you