Author Topic: Free Look in First Person  (Read 2020 times)

I don't remember seeing any topics about this.  If there are, then I apologize.

It always bugged me that I had to go into third person to use free look.  Is it possible to make a mod so you can do it in first person, too?  If so, could somebody do it?

I don't know if this is universal, or if it's just with me.  Confirmation would be nice.

-sinp- wrong toipc link
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 02:57:58 PM by Tic-toc26 »

This would be useful in planes. We could probably just edit the script for the current free look.

I've thought about this too. It would be pretty cool.

This would be useful in planes. We could probably just edit the script for the current free look.

Would you mind pointing out where that is in the Blockland folder?

You CAN already do this in planes by pressing the current free look button

You CAN already do this in planes by pressing the current free look button
This

My request wasn't for free looking in planes, rather in regular walking...

My request wasn't for free looking in planes, rather in regular walking...
Whats the point?

I've thought about this too. It would be pretty cool.

Would you mind pointing out where that is in the Blockland folder?

probs in main blockland code files

otherwise idk

Whats the point?

Peek around corners in first-person.

probs in main blockland code files

otherwise idk

Exactly my point. We don't have access to it.

In third-person, you can peek around corners by using free-look.

In first-person this is not possible; you have to move out from "cover" exposing yourself and hitbox.

It would be nice if you could use free-look in first-person, allowing you to move the camera around without moving your entire body or whatever. I would see this being used in deathmatches, though that is the only example I can really think of right now where you could use this.

In third-person, you can peek around corners by using free-look.

In first-person this is not possible; you have to move out from "cover" exposing yourself and hitbox.

It would be nice if you could use free-look in first-person, allowing you to move the camera around without moving your entire body or whatever. I would see this being used in deathmatches, though that is the only example I can really think of right now where you could use this.

wouldn't it just turn your head

it wouldn't really help

Third picture provides an example of what using free-look in first person could look like, but just imagine what it looks like from the first-person perspective. He should be able to see around that corner a bit.

Third picture provides an example of what using free-look in first person could look like, but just imagine what it looks like from the first-person perspective. He should be able to see around that corner a bit.

oh i see

good plan boss

but would he have to bend over like that

i mean like what if someone buttrapes him