Author Topic: Snow Brick Pile-up  (Read 669 times)

well it can snow in blockland but where is the snow on the ground?
i was thinking if there were snow in blockland (on the ground) it will put brick on top of existing bricks with out collison, so if you didn't know what i just say basicly it'll put new no collison bricks on top of other bricks

to reduce a huge goddamn tower of snow it will check if there is a snow brick under it befor it places it if there is one already there it whont place a brick, if there is one there it'll put a bricks there

give the brick some special property thing in case any one wants to use this with other sutff
ex:
create a snow shovel/plow, or colect snow for snow ball fights or build snow-...blockheads and snow forts

winters coming (good time to make this)

This is an interesting idea, but there is one big problem. Normal precipitation is done client sided; if you wanted the snow bricks to match up with where snow lands, then that isn't possible using normal precipitation settings. However, it could be done by having the server emulate normal precipitation with small snow projectiles that rain down from above, and cause the snow when they land on bricks or ground. And all the stuff that you could do with the snow is completely possible too.

This is an interesting idea, but there is one big problem. Normal precipitation is done client sided; if you wanted the snow bricks to match up with where snow lands, then that isn't possible using normal precipitation settings. However, it could be done by having the server emulate normal precipitation with small snow projectiles that rain down from above, and cause the snow when they land on bricks or ground. And all the stuff that you could do with the snow is completely possible too.
Or if there was a way to sync the precipitation between all clients, for one the day/night cycle is client sided but it syncs all its information to each client.

to me it would seem easier to simply randomly plant snow on the ground, instead of attempting to track snow particles.

i never sayed it would track the emitter
i should have put that in the OP

i was thinking it would be easyer to put snow on top of the hiest up brick so you dont have snow in you house

oooooo

minigame time.

escape de snoe by building

good idea. snow model dts with script snow. I have script snow in my file somewhere.