So I bought Oblivion

Author Topic: So I bought Oblivion  (Read 4049 times)

it's hard as tits because you shouldn't do ANYTHING at like level one. Everything is hard. (Depending on whatever difficulty you have). In almost any difficulty, once you hit the 20's and have enchanted everything, you are basically god.

Morrowind is heavy on dialogue, story and is slow paced.

It's only fun if it's your kind of game. If not, it's just a boring game.
Is it slow paced as in lots of bullstuff or slow paced as in lots of backstory? Also, I'd probably only play morrowind with an overhaul mod, I really hate those old, low polygon models. They creeped me out ever since Vietnam: Black Ops.

Is it slow paced as in lots of bullstuff or slow paced as in lots of backstory? Also, I'd probably only play morrowind with an overhaul mod, I really hate those old, low polygon models. They creeped me out ever since Vietnam: Black Ops.

It really, really depends on how you play it. It has lots of lore and backstory, and if you play it for the game and not the scenery/story, there will be "bullstuff" parts where it might seem like the game just drones on about lore or dialogue.

Whereas if you focus more on these aspects, the game is beautiful, but slow.

And everyone in the game is prone to talk in paragraphs...

edit: asdfas but mind you, the game is still very, very good. It's really compelling when you get into it, and what parts of the environment that doesn't drone on is beautifully made.

It's definitely worth checking out.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 09:27:58 PM by IkeTheGeneric »

it's hard as tits because you shouldn't do ANYTHING at like level one. Everything is hard. (Depending on whatever difficulty you have). In almost any difficulty, once you hit the 20's and have enchanted everything, you are basically god.
This reminded me of one of the reasons I hate the elder scrolls series, scaling creatures.
I hate when mobs level with you in a game. Its stupid.

It really isn't bad later on. Just play with the scale to the left for a while. And when it feels too easy, turn it up.

It really isn't bad later on. Just play with the scale to the left for a while. And when it feels too easy, turn it up.
I turned it down so that my guys would stop shooting me in the back and killing men in the corridors. I turned it back to medium when I realized I was just killing everyone with one hit from my longsword. Then I realize i was still killing everything with one shot from my longsword. The game doesn't really fit my playstyle, I like the block>stun>power attack>block>attack>power attack type combos, which I can't do because I take damage through the shield and my attacks don't stun for stuff.

My friend was giving me stuff for choosing nord instead of high elf, and when i explained that high elves were all twats and that i like mele, he gave me stuff for not playing with super powered magic. Then someone else called me a cigarette because i said that the game was poorly paced and threw you into hell too soon.

Did I say I was?

Take your advice.
ladies, ladies. you're both beautiful.

Shivering Isles kept me busy while I waited for Skyrim, and surprised me with how immersive a completely knew destination was.

Did I say I was?

Take your advice.

you should work on your comprehension skills. You just said boltster "isn't one to talk" when he called somebody a fanboy

idk if you realize this, but boltster isn't a fanboy of the elder scrolls series

so what you said makes no sense at all

So i was peacefully traveling to the imperial city when SUDDENLY, the horse i stole from the priest guy was murdered by a group of stunted scamps while i tried to fend off a hoard of invisible rats and wolves.

This is mere hours before I decide to play skyrim and kill my horse by riding her off of a cliff into a river. forget horses, I want a pterodactyl.

Did I say I was?

Take your advice.
oh well your post was pretty useless then wasn't it lol

Mega bump!

I was doing the main quest in oblivion and it said that all of the dragon fires had to be lit for the oblivion gates to remain closed, and that the fires can only be lit by someone who has Septim's blood. In Skyrim it states that all the members of the Septim bloodline are dead, meaning the fires can't be lit. If the fires can't be lit, why aren't the oblivion gates opening and loving everything up?

The answer to your question comes at the end of the game