Author Topic: Water came before land (AKA Narkro's adventures in science again)  (Read 282 times)

So if some of you remember my topic on whale love mechanics, you can guess I'm having a scientific discussion with someone over internet messaging. Remember that A student? He's back, and with some quite convincing arguments. It's pretty interesting, really. But today I received a comeback, which really challenged some of my opinions. I'll post the best parts for you to read. My posts are generally much longer, so I'll just summarize them.

Quote from: Me
Lizard Experiment.
Quote from: Untitled
Those are small changes. Changes in size and strength and length of body parts is not proof of your theory. As for the new digestive structures I would need more proof then some article saying it happened to believe that. In just 36 years a lizard is supposed to suddenly have a complete new part of their digestive system? Yeah right.

Water did not come before land.
Water coming before ground is not silly. If I believe in a God that made everything, do you really think I'm not going to believe he's able to replace some water with ground? Think, seriously.

Sunlight could not have come after plants. Plants require sunlight to live.
Yes plants are made before the sun, I think that's to make it incompatible with the idea that days are longer then 24 hour periods. I'm pretty sure plants can go one day without the sun. Especially if God wanted them to.

Many creatures have similar DNA, which links them to similar ancestors.
DNA similarity is still not a good proof. When you look at similar bone structures in the hand, paw, and fin of different animals, those structures aren't even always on the same leg of the x/y chromosome. Just because they seem similar does not mean they are. And even if they were, similarities prove nothing.

Unlike you who probably listens to anything scientists tell them that supports your theory, I did do some study and investigation of my own.
I read online debates and lookup arguments.

-short list of proofs of common ancestry-
I am not going to individually look up every one of those things, especially since I have already told you that this is a useless debate.

-Scientific tree of life and backup in genetic science-
I saw one clip talking about some archeologists in Asia who reported that their findings seemed to turn Darwin's tree of life upside down. Instead of branching out and gradually growing, it gradually shrank as animals went extinct. This fits with my truth, not your theory.

So, yeah. Pretty long argument thus far, but I'm enjoying it. What do you think?

It sure does fit with the bible's description of creation.

Inb4OMGBIBBLEISNATSIENSE

I wrote a persuasive essay about the validity of the theory of evolution for school (I wrote in favor of it) and while I was telling someone about it today this freshman I know started spewing gibberish against it. I love it when creationists actually form rational arguments against evolution because it allows for further studying of it, but when it's the same old "WHY DO MONKEYS STILL EXIST HMMM???" or "WE DIDN'T COME FROM GOLDFISH!!!!!!!" (he actually said both of those) I begin to get annoyed. It's like people don't even bother researching the stuff they're going to argue against.

I feel your pain OP, so to speak. I'm glad you're enjoying it rather than getting flustered as I usually do, lol. Also I'd like to point out that your opposition kind of contradicted himself. "Unlike you who probably listens to anything scientists tell them that supports your theory, I did do some study and investigation of my own." But then he says, "I read online debates and lookup arguments." Which is like saying "Unlike Martha loving Stewart I make up my own pumpkin pie recipes by taking the recipes of other lesser-known cooks."

"Unlike you who probably listens to anything scientists tell them that supports your theory, I did do some study and investigation of my own." But then he says, "I read online debates and lookup arguments." Which is like saying "Unlike Martha loving Stewart I make up my own pumpkin pie recipes by taking the recipes of other lesser-known cooks."
Thats why I put them together.