Author Topic: Detecting when somethings output into the console  (Read 1439 times)

How do I detect when a line of text is output into the console?

You can't really do this through torquescript, to really do it you gotta use an external program to attach to blockland on startup.

You can't really do this through torquescript, to really do it you gotta use an external program to attach to blockland on startup.
He's right.

Client-sided or server-sided?
Huh? You can't detect anything from a client's console serverside, so obviously it's clientside. And either way, there's no TS callback for when things are printed to console, and testArrayCtrl.dump(); reveals no way to even grab text from the console.

Badspot should make a callback for console output

Huh? You can't detect anything from a client's console serverside, so obviously it's clientside. And either way, there's no TS callback for when things are printed to console, and testArrayCtrl.dump(); reveals no way to even grab text from the console.
I'm asking the OP. If it's server-sided, not possible. But there is definitely a callback on the console control for when a new line is added, I've had to use it before.

I'm asking the OP. If it's server-sided, not possible. But there is definitely a callback on the console control for when a new line is added, I've had to use it before.
Please enlighten us then, because I just went looking for one and couldn't find one, and this is a very useful thing to have.

Badspot should make a callback for console output
I reckon it can be abusuable.

Please enlighten us then, because I just went looking for one and couldn't find one, and this is a very useful thing to have.
ConsoleEntry::eval

Not for stuff that we put in, for stuff that is shown there

that's for when a command is put into the console, not when a line is output into the console.

that's for when a command is put into the console, not when a line is output into the console.
Hence me asking for context in my first post. Thought the OP might have meant a few things.