Author Topic: Brick Duplication!  (Read 3999 times)

Well the speed in my video has nothing to do with efficiency of code.  It's the timers that I'm currently using for scheduling.  Sometimes when I'm coding, I like to see events happen at a slower rate so I can keep up.  Right now, all my events are scheduled at a rate of 1/10 of a second.  I'll probably make them 1/100 of a second when I'm done.  Although, if Randy's is release-ready, there isn't much incentive for me to continue. 

@ Randy, congrats sir.  Now, let's see a video where the prints are fixed, and you can duplicate items, emitters, lights, colorFX and shapesFX.

Thanks to Ephi, all of the bugs are gone, and all that is left to do is add trust level checks and maybe non-admin limitations, such as a maximum number of bricks and a slower duplication speed. Thanks Ephi!!

Also, Ephi added prints, lights, emmitters and everything.

Would you mind making a gui for yours, Randy?
It's a real pain in the ass to remember a whole load of commands.

I wouldn't change how the duplicator performs.  I would just set a server pref that non-admins cannot use the duplicator by default.  Give admins the ability to toggle it.

Would you mind making a gui for yours, Randy?
It's a real pain in the ass to remember a whole load of commands.

A gui would mean less people would use it, they'd have to download a client-side mod. There's only two commands so far, and I don't think there's going to be any more.

Well, you could make a GUI and still have the commands. Those who desire to use the GUI have to download it, those who don't care can just use the commands.