Author Topic: Hard-Coded land?  (Read 1284 times)

Like how the floor is hard-coded to not let the player pass, would the same be possible for other shapes? Such as, say, a hard-coded house?

Well, you CAN use planes to create barriers around the outside of a build.

Well, you CAN use planes to create barriers around the outside of a build.

But can you hard-code things other than endless planes?

You want us to make terrain and interiors

No, he wants bricks to be "hard-coded" bricks

No, he wants bricks to be "hard-coded" bricks
No, he wants to make buildings out of the Planes that were added in v21 (this is what the ground and poster bricks are made out of).

forget you, I'm not another noob going "OH HEY YOU REMIVED TERAN AN INTERIORS MAEK THEM BAEK IN11!11!!!!one!!"

I want to see if it's possible to make, say, a hard-coded cube that is part of the map that the player can't pass, like how the flat floor is.

forget you, I'm not another noob going "OH HEY YOU REMIVED TERAN AN INTERIORS MAEK THEM BAEK IN11!11!!!!one!!"

I want to see if it's possible to make, say, a hard-coded cube that is part of the map that the player can't pass, like how the flat floor is.
Ok ok sorry don't get mad
It's just the way you put it, but yes static shapes are possible(?)
But you seem to be looking for something that doesn't require a model.

Ok ok sorry don't get mad
It's just the way you put it, but yes static shapes are possible(?)
But you seem to be looking for something that doesn't require a model.

So wait, the floor is a static shape?

So wait, the floor is a static shape?
No it's hard coded
But it's easy to make a flat plane
Complex shapes are much harder and I don't think blockland supports this kind of thing

public bricks on a map? or is that not the same thing

The way the ground plane works is actually pretty bad.  Most of it is now coded directly into the engine instead of as a ground plane object, meaning that deleting the ground plane doesn't get rid of all its effects.  Until that is changed, you aren't getting any way to place additional fx planes anytime soon.

The way the ground plane works is actually pretty bad.  Most of it is now coded directly into the engine instead of as a ground plane object, meaning that deleting the ground plane doesn't get rid of all its effects.  Until that is changed, you aren't getting any way to place additional fx planes anytime soon.
Ohhhh okay, that makes sense.