Author Topic: stratocasters that are worth the money? now looking at small(ish) amps  (Read 450 times)

recently i started guitar lessons, i play a fender squire stratocaster and am thinking about the type of guitar i might get in future (6-strings, strat only etc)

so /suggest me some types of guitar that are either cheap and good to play or worth the money.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 10:43:03 AM by danisaac5 »

Fender or Cheap, pick one

I hear Hofners are on fender level.

I use a Hofer bass and I got it at guitar center for <$400

Fender Standards are around $500 USD, that's a hell of a lot less than a Gibson.

I think my Epiphone was around $350.

i got me a cheapy guitar and it works fine.

currently looking at dean, been through ibanez and gibson and the likes. if i do get a guitar i think it will either be a dean or a fender.

Deans are the ones Dave Mustaine uses, right? The ones that look like Gibson Explorers or Flying Vs with different headstocks...

Deans are the ones Dave Mustaine uses, right? The ones that look like Gibson Explorers or Flying Vs with different headstocks...
yeah dave mustaine tends to play a zero flying v variant but in that style it is very expensive, upwards of $1000

edit; put on the topic title that im also looking at various fender amps.

something thats mustang mini sized or around the same size/price

Depends on your musical tastes. What do you like to play/listen to.

Get a Gibson guitar and a Blackstar half-stack, or combo amp.

half-stack = head, one speaker cabinet.
full-stack = head, two speaker cabinets.
combo = all-in-one amp. Generally the cheapest, but there are some exceptions.

When buying instruments, never try to short-change yourself. If you don't have enough money, save up. Don't get some stuffty stuff.

I have a Fender Squire Strat atm and it's on it's last legs. The amp that came with it is probably blown by now. It gave me a good 3 years of nearly constant use.

Look around at pawn-shops for amps and guitars, but be sure you know your stuff before you spend $500 on a blown amp from a pawn shop.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 02:53:11 PM by mp7964 »