Author Topic: 2012/11/16 - Blockland r1766  (Read 93599 times)

Are you holding any items / pressing Q?

No. My inventory is closed. I run over the ball and it fades like I picked it up, but the ball does not go in my hand. If I end my minigame it works just fine. This happens with the default blockland minigame and the slayer mod

No. My inventory is closed. I run over the ball and it fades like I picked it up, but the ball does not go in my hand. If I end my minigame it works just fine. This happens with the default blockland minigame and the slayer mod

Try only running default add-ons.

Started a server using the freebuild gamemode. Still can't use the ball items in a minigame

Started a server using the freebuild gamemode. Still can't use the ball items in a minigame
It could be a client mod. Try moving your client addons to a folder outside of the addons folder.

This might be irrelevant to the update, but is there any way to turn off shader quality affecting fog?

You can't see the ball in first-person, so just to make sure, you DID look in third person right?

This might be irrelevant to the update, but is there any way to turn off shader quality affecting fog?
I really would like to see Fog without shaders, my current GPU does not handle shaders too smoothly.

I really would like to see Fog without shaders, my current GPU does not handle shaders too smoothly.
same?
though my shaders are always off, minimum kills my CPU and GPU.

I assume if shaders do allow for "nicer" fog, that everyone would have to use the "crappier" non-shader fog.  And while I'm generally against people with "more money" getting the benefit, I would say that basic shaders are a reasonable bare minimum for online gaming nowadays.

I assume if shaders do allow for "nicer" fog, that everyone would have to use the "crappier" non-shader fog.  And while I'm generally against people with "more money" getting the benefit, I would say that basic shaders are a reasonable bare minimum for online gaming nowadays.
Do you know how the economy is in most of the US?
Regarding that, I am trying as hard as I can to get a hold of a better GPU but I can't find a good one for a well price.

I Currently run a nVidia Geforce 210, yep its a budget card, not really a heavy gaming card at all, but it was what I used for Blockland v20 and bellow.

However since I usually get to buy something for christmas I was thinking about buying this card:
Newegg Link

Do you think this card can run Blockland at High or Max Shaders?
Or do I need something stronger?

I Currently run a nVidia Geforce 210, yep its a budget card, not really a heavy gaming card at all, but it was what I used for Blockland v20 and bellow.
nVidiaGeforce 6150
131 FPS max, always tops off at 80, but has been as low as 2 FPS before(Busido's server).
Do you think this card can run Blockland at High or Max Shaders?
Or do I need something stronger?
Whats your budget?
if you can afford it:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814132007
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 07:28:34 AM by GEN.Fire Bird »

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814132007

why the hell would anybody need a GPU like that

a GTX 600+ could pretty much run any game that exists right now on highest graphical settings, and the newest in the series (GTX 690) costs $1000

His selection: $90
Your "one step higher" tip: $2270

wat.
He should obviously buy this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133347

It's the only choice, I'm afraid...

You can't see the ball in first-person, so just to make sure, you DID look in third person right?

The ball does not go into my hand if I pick it up in a mini game, plain and simple.

It could be a client mod. Try moving your client addons to a folder outside of the addons folder.

I will try this