Graphics Card for Blockland

Author Topic: Graphics Card for Blockland  (Read 2989 times)

Bump.

Now that I have the money (about 530$) and my brother is willing to pitch in a little for a new computer, what kind do you suggest that would be best for Blockland for around 550$ - 650$?

Preferences:
>Laptop (are there any good gaming laptops?)
>Around 550$ - 650$
*>Can run shaders on max without lag
*>Can view a large amount of bricks without lag
(Starred must be possible)

Please post links to your suggestions so I can see prices and other details.

Do all gaming computers have the tower?

yes, computers need cases ...........

Also, you can still use the internet on this type of computer, right?

why would you not be able to use the internet?

>Laptop (are there any good gaming laptops?)

not unless you want to pay upwards of ~1500 dollars, even then desktops are better

>Around 550$ - 650$
*>Can run shaders on max without lag
*>Can view a large amount of bricks without lag
(Starred must be possible)

LOL. good luck with that. for that price you could maybe play with shaders on medium at best. you will barely get a decent computer for that price.

not unless you want to pay upwards of ~1500 dollars, even then desktops are better

LOL. good luck with that. for that price you could maybe play with shaders on medium at best. you will barely get a decent computer for that price.
Are desktop gaming computers, with the tower, cheaper than laptops? And remember, this computer will seriously be used for Blockland about 90% of the time and people keep telling me that I can get a gaming computer for around my price that runs Blockland really well.

Are desktop gaming computers, with the tower, cheaper than laptops?

in terms of a desktop and laptop with the same performance, yes, desktops are cheaper.

by the way, the "tower" you refer to is the case. the case is what holds all of the parts. there's no such thing as a desktop without "a tower" (aside from workbench PCs but that's for testing/OC/etc)

this computer will seriously be used for Blockland about 90% of the time and people keep telling me that I can get a gaming computer for around my price that runs Blockland really well.

you can get something decent for $500-600, but don't expect to run shaders on max with 100k bricks without your computer begging you to murder it

(depending on what resolution you play at, there are a lot of factors)

you can get something decent for $500-600, but don't expect to run shaders on max with 100k bricks without your computer begging you to murder it

(depending on what resolution you play at, there are a lot of factors)
Here are more details:
>I don't play on fullscreen
>I am fine with running shaders on max up to and including about 30k bricks. I hardly go to servers with more than 20k bricks anyways, and if I were to (with a good computer) I could just put my shaders setting to low or even medium (if that would help the speed)

So, for these specifications, what would you suggest I get (desktop gaming computer)? Remember:  just for Blockland, shaders with no lag up to 30k bricks and not in fullscreen or with any other special stuff.

I'm gonna return to your original inquiry.  All computers and laptops are assembled, and therefore can be taken apart.  Generally, this voids the warranty, however, your computer sounds old enough where your warranty is gone already.  The i3 processor which is pre-installed in your laptop acts as the graphics card.  I think currently, they sell i7, maybe even i8 chips which are amazingly better.  I'm running an i5 on my laptop and blockland works beautifully.  Clearly though, a better chip would work better.  I recommend you consider purchasing an i5 or greater processor for your laptop, open up your laptop, and replace the old one.  I had an old Toshiba and did a similar fix, but I was fixing a detached piece on the motherboard.  Your laptop is most likely a bunch of screws, a few pieces of tape, and a couple wire detachments away from your goal.  If you need assistance with this job, there are a plethora of videos and tutorials specific to both what you're trying to do, and with your specific laptop.  Good luck!

I'm gonna return to your original inquiry.  All computers and laptops are assembled, and therefore can be taken apart.  Generally, this voids the warranty, however, your computer sounds old enough where your warranty is gone already.  The i3 processor which is pre-installed in your laptop acts as the graphics card.  I think currently, they sell i7, maybe even i8 chips which are amazingly better.  I'm running an i5 on my laptop and blockland works beautifully.  Clearly though, a better chip would work better.  I recommend you consider purchasing an i5 or greater processor for your laptop, open up your laptop, and replace the old one.  I had an old Toshiba and did a similar fix, but I was fixing a detached piece on the motherboard.  Your laptop is most likely a bunch of screws, a few pieces of tape, and a couple wire detachments away from your goal.  If you need assistance with this job, there are a plethora of videos and tutorials specific to both what you're trying to do, and with your specific laptop.  Good luck!

Please don't listen to this guy as he has no idea what he's talking about. Thanks.

Don't do this.

Note, don't buy a PC yet, a new processor line from intel called "Haswell" will be released sometime around June, they will be a bit faster than ivy bridge and require a new socket type (the socket is where the processor goes in the motherboard) which means new motherboards will have to be made.

You can still get an i7 or Ivy Bridge for a fairly decent CPU. Besides, Intel's new processors will probably be far away from his price range.

You can still get an i7 or Ivy Bridge for a fairly decent CPU. Besides, Intel's new processors will probably be far away from his price range.
Never 'upgrade' to an older generation.

All you hoes saying that you can't run Blockland maxed out with 650 dollars. Desktops can do this job easily for that price and more.

Unless you want a laptop.