more terrain of that "new" terrain style

Author Topic: more terrain of that "new" terrain style  (Read 3353 times)

Brian, is that your terrain generator thing?
yeah

just started making it less of a kinda thing i worked on every so often and now a priority

i was there for a bit
khain made a cave inside the mountain idk if it's still there
no, i made the cave, khain just added a torch.

This terrain was first made by Bravo, using a method I showed him in his 'Swords of the North' RPG. I believe we both own the royalties ;)

This terrain was first made by Bravo, using a method I showed him in his 'Swords of the North' RPG. I believe we both own the royalties ;)
not this terrain in this topic, the terrain style using zones.

Except this isn't a new idea at all, people just seem to think it's novel because they've never thought about it before

Technically it is
yes, that's what I'm saying. thanks. the point is that there are several possible definitions of a word.

What a terrible rebuttal
Even if what you said made sense in any way whatsoever, it relates to nothing. We're talking about the use of the word "style", which you used incorrectly. This was clearly proven by end, the definition of style being "a manner of doing something". This is a pretty much universally accepted definition
Save what's left of your haughty pride and leave the thread before you make yourself look even dumber
There are several definitions to the world "style" and something that looks like something isn't the definition that I mean.

: designation, title
a : a distinctive manner of expression (as in writing or speech) <writes with more attention to style than to content> <the flowery style of 18th century prose>
b : a distinctive manner or custom of behaving or conducting oneself <the formal style of the court> <his style is abrasive>; also : a particular mode of living <in high style>
c : a particular manner or technique by which something is done, created, or performed <a unique style of horseback riding> <the classical style of dance>
a : stylus
b : gnomon 1b
c : the filiform usually elongated part of the pistil bearing a stigma at its apex — see flower illustration
d : a slender elongated process (as a bristle) on an animal
: a distinctive quality, form, or type of something <a new dress style> <the Greek style of architecture>
a : the state of being popular : fashion <clothes that are always in style>
b : fashionable elegance
c : beauty, grace, or ease of manner or technique <an awkward moment she handled with style>
: a convention with respect to spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and typographic arrangement and display followed in writing or printing
Everyone couldn't possibly be referring to the same exact definition at all times.

What I'm saying is that there is nothing to it. It's not interesting, innovative or distinctive. It's like stuffing a mailbox full of envelopes and calling it a "new art style".

yes, that's what I'm saying. thanks. the point is that there are several possible definitions of a word.
There are several definitions to the world "style" and something that looks like something isn't the definition that I mean.
Everyone couldn't possibly be referring to the same exact definition at all times.

What I'm saying is that there is nothing to it. It's not interesting, innovative or distinctive. It's like stuffing a mailbox full of envelopes and calling it a "new art style".
I agree that this isn't "new", but there was nothing wrong with end's definition of "style" and you did a terrible job trying to disprove him

but there was nothing wrong with end's definition of "style"
except it's not what I meant, hence irrelevant