Author Topic: Is there a way (command, code, etc.) to speed up Ghosting?  (Read 1247 times)

isn't dial up like aol where if someone calls you you have to get off the internet and then if youre on the internet your phone plays dubstep
Is that where dubstep comes from...

It actually does, at least last time I checked.
No, it doesn't. That does not increase download speeds.

You should go into Options => Network and check that the packet size and such is as high as possible.

Thank you so much

It actually does, at least last time I checked.

The server has no way of knowing that you set your client-sided timescale higher, thus it also doesn't send faster (it wouldn't even if it knew you changed your time-scale). You're receiving ghost data at the exact same speed. Sure, the brick plant sounds and fade-in-from-white color effects will be quicker, but how does that even matter?

No, it doesn't. That does not increase download speeds.
Actually, it does help with ghosting, apparently. I don't know how to explain it, but it was written somewhere that I read as having something to do with Torque script and how it works, or something. I'm really not explaining this very well :P.

Actually, it does help with ghosting, apparently. I don't know how to explain it, but it was written somewhere that I read as having something to do with Torque script and how it works, or something. I'm really not explaining this very well :P.
The server has no way of knowing that you set your client-sided timescale higher, thus it also doesn't send faster (it wouldn't even if it knew you changed your time-scale). You're receiving ghost data at the exact same speed. Sure, the brick plant sounds and fade-in-from-white color effects will be quicker, but how does that even matter?
Seriously do people even read before they post anything?