Author Topic: Idiots on Steam  (Read 3566 times)

So, I was just checking my Facebook updates, when, suddenly, I get a chat request from some random user on Steam.  I was expecting a douchy little kid asking for my promotional items, as per usual.  So, this kid asks for one of my promotional items, even though it is explicitly stated on my profile that I will not trade them ever.  Now, rather than sending the poor kid to a shock site like I usually do, I decided to just politely decline.  Here's the conversation.

Has anyone else had to deal with this kind of bullstuff on Steam?  For me, it's been getting more and more common ever since TF2 went free to play, and I'm wondering if it's been happening to anyone else.

people inviting me to groups constantly

"I'm going to guess you want something from me."

that's no way to start up a conversation

+10 prick points

So, I was just checking my Facebook updates, when, suddenly, I get a chat request from some random user on Steam.  I was expecting a douchy little kid asking for my promotional items, as per usual.  So, this kid asks for one of my promotional items, even though it is explicitly stated on my profile that I will not trade them ever.  Now, rather than sending the poor kid to a shock site like I usually do, I decided to just politely decline.  Here's the conversation.

http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp321/mutations2000/TotalPrickonSteam.jpg

Has anyone else had to deal with this kind of bullstuff on Steam?  For me, it's been getting more and more common ever since TF2 went free to play, and I'm wondering if it's been happening to anyone else.

in fact this whole post reeks of prickery and elitism

"I'm going to guess you want something from me."

that's no way to start up a conversation

+10 prick points

in fact this whole post reeks of prickery and elitism

Says the one handing out "prick points".

Says the one handing out "prick points".
Now, rather than sending the poor kid to a shock site like I usually do
+10 Prick Points

-snip-

I should also mention that a shock site wouldn't be much of a surprise to anyone who actually reads my profile.  It's stated in no uncertain terms that, if you ask for promotional items, you get a shock site instead.

I should also mention that a shock site wouldn't be much of a surprise to anyone who actually reads my profile.  It's stated in no uncertain terms that, if you ask for promotional items, you get a shock site instead.
Oh my god you're such a loving loser it's hilarious.

"have fun hoarding pixels in your grandma's basement" - from the one who begs people on the internet for their digital items

you, however, KINDA did act like a prick. "i'm going to guess you want something from me"
that's kind of rude and makes you sound very egotistical

Oh my god you're such a loving loser it's hilarious.

And how, exactly, am I more of a loser than someone who hands out "prick points" to someone they've never actually met over the internet?

if you were a cactus, you'd get a ton of prick points from me.

if you were a cactus, you'd get a ton of prick points from me.

I see what you did there.  And, on the internet, no one knows you're a cactus.

I'm getting requests from traders all of the time.  I've stated that I'm not selling my unusual hat, some even have similar statements in their profiles, yet they don't respect it.  Every time they seem to feel the need to tell me how much my hat is worth as if that will make me sell it.  It reminds me of that one Spongebob episode with the drinking hat.

I'm getting requests from traders all of the time.  I've stated that I'm not selling my unusual hat, some even have similar statements in their profiles, yet they don't respect it.  Every time they seem to feel the need to tell me how much my hat is worth as if that will make me sell it.  It reminds me of that one Spongebob episode with the drinking hat.

Same here.  Occasionally, I'll just tell them "I'm sorry, but you should have just bought [game] when the items were still available," and then they usually respond with "forget YOU BITCH!"  That's probably why I started the conversation the way I did this time.  I'm sick of this stuff.

And how, exactly, am I more of a loser than someone who hands out "prick points" to someone they've never actually met over the internet?
Because me obviously joking about the prick points went over your head, AND you have a richardish system of dealing with people that ask for your stuff.