Author Topic: do you guys know if you can install older versions of apps.  (Read 816 times)

i recently restored my ipod because the itunes database was corrupted, and

everything in the app store suddenly requires at least iOS 4.3. i have a 2G ipod and i'm stuck on 4.2.1.
and no, anyone barging into the thread saying LOL BUY A NEW DEVICE isn't going to help, i can't exactly afford a new device and i never will.

and if you have a old device like i do do not restore it.

Just update your itouch
Its easy.

Just update your itouch
Its easy.

read the OP please.

everything in the app store suddenly requires at least iOS 4.3. i have a 2G ipod and i'm stuck on 4.2.1.

you could maybe jailbreak it and see if there's a copy of it on Cydia? or perhaps a 3rd party package you can download to your phone's application directory?

you could maybe jailbreak it and see if there's a copy of it on Cydia?
or perhaps a 3rd party package you can download to your phone's application directory?
they don't have copies of apps on cydia.
itunes wouldn't allow that.

figures :/

How are you stuck on it?
earlier device models can't support later versions of iOS

Black, in what ways have you tried updating it?

Black, in what ways have you tried updating it?
normally. there's no other way.
i'm not technologically illiterate if that's what you're thinking.

Have you plugged in your itouch into your desktop or labtop (using USB cord) to update it via iTunes?

Have you plugged in your itouch into your desktop or labtop (using USB cord) to update it via iTunes?
it is required on older versions of iOS that you plug it into a computer.  I think it was until iOS 5, that you were required to do that, to update.

dude

its a 2nd Gen iPod, it doesn't support anything higher than 4.2.1

What planet do you live on?  Just add sources that have the apps.  Not everything comes "standard" you have to go out and look for things.

What planet do you live on?  Just add sources that have the apps.  Not everything comes "standard" you have to go out and look for things.
regular apps