Do you use text speak?

Yes
8 (24.2%)
Sometimes
6 (18.2%)
No
19 (57.6%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Author Topic: "Text speak"  (Read 1632 times)

i didnt even know people did this.

I understand using it occasionally but some people jus tp lik dis n make up rbsi (random bullstuff initialisms)
i got told someone was "going to call the ofc"

i almost responded "do you even know what that means" but then i realized they meant office

I tend to ignore capitalization and use abbreviations when I'm talking with friends ingame or as a joke, but for the most part I try to use proper grammar.

0|\/|G 420 |3L4Z3 1T FGT

S|\/|0|<3 |/\|33|) 3RRY|)4Y

#Y0L0 #Y0L0 #S|/\|4G #Y0L0

if i'm typing with 1 hand i usually go for those things

only when im talking to certain people because i don't want to sound serious or grumpy around them

idk whenever i use normal text around them i sound angry or something

Yes, I highly dislike it and prefer to just try to type normally.

i only use things like ur and y when i'm goofing off or joking with someone.

I will forgive people for using it if they are actually texting me on a phone.
In that case I am aware that it is much easier and quicker to type in text speak.
It takes me a very long time to text things because I insist on typing in full.

However, what really annoys me is when my friends will send messages to me via Facebook or other Instant Messengers while on a computer and will use text speech.
They have absolutely no reason to do so. They are in no rush and have no need to type quickly.
I will let people off for avoiding correct punctuation, although it annoys me, but if you are sat at your computer and you decide to shorten every word to 4 characters or less then I don't care to speak to you.
If it takes me the same time to type something in full as it does for you to type in text speak then there is no excuse for you to not type fully as well.

I personally will shorten words down to some text speech, but only in the scenario that I am talking to a friend in a relaxed manner. And in that case, I'm not going to use it every sentence or constantly.
I'll use words like "lol" and "cya" but little more. 99% of my words will be written in full.