how do you build stairs

Author Topic: how do you build stairs  (Read 4010 times)

Something about this just looks so, ugly. I can't put my finger on it, any suggestions?

They look better than my stairs.

Those stairs look great.

Maybe you just need to fill in the area around it or something so they're not floating.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Pretty good, the lower part looks too boxy. Maybe add a janitor room inside there?

I think the smooth plates are kind of a turn off. Looks alright though, no problem except for the plates.

Generally I wouldn't label it as bad until I had walls in, since they can make a big difference to the look.

What I would have done in place, although it might be the wrong look for your build is to replace the 2x4's with some 1x2 ramps on the outermost sides.

Have you considered playing around the colour scheme, also?
Perhaps a brighter colour for the plates on top?

You might also consider re-designing the stairs path.
Generally, as far as I know, you tend to only get stairs doubling back on themselves (as in your image) in larger buildings with a stair well, like tall houses, hotels, offices and the likes. In which case there is often some gap in between the different stairs.

Why not try having a longer set of stairs which run in one direction and then take a turn left or right.
You might find a larger set of stairs is nicer than a very compact set of stairs.

Having just seen your last two pictures, I quite like the design you've gone for the underneath.

Something about this just looks so, ugly. I can't put my finger on it, any suggestions?
make stairs white and plates light brown, add supports, add rails.
Moddernn stairze

1x1 cylinders + plates

How build them

if you want my suggestion, it's that that second set of stairs needs to be placed one brick lower, so the first step is molded with the platform.

I suggest using flats and studs to make stairs
all of the bricks are too damn fat imo

thanks for the help guys

If you want something rather easy yet non-spammy to construct:

If you want to just get to the 2nd floor: