Author Topic: Living in Japan for a while; ask me stuff.  (Read 7910 times)

I live in Tokyo; in the parts you live do they have any remotely good place to chill? Cause here, it's just city/park/city/park/shibuya/malls, basically either for shopping, taking a jog or shopping.

I live in Tokyo; in the parts you live do they have any remotely good place to chill? Cause here, it's just city/park/city/park/shibuya/malls, basically either for shopping, taking a jog or shopping.
i would suggest taking your dog for a walk but...

is food finally in pill form?

do they actually speak japanese or is everything in braille because they always have their eyes closed?
do they have another expression for "chink in the armor"?
You'd actually be surprised at how accurate the stereotype of squinty eyes are. Half the time I'm wondering how Japanese people actually see with squinty eyes.
I have no idea, I've never heard of it being used in Japan.

The swift response and photo to my toilet question was very interesting. /approval
:D

Depends on what you want to do and where you want to chill. It's all forest and park here, so you can do a lot outdoors activities but there's only one mall here so you can't shop or go to arcades very much.

is food finally in pill form?
I wish.

Have you been to a maid cafe? lol

Depends on what you want to do and where you want to chill. It's all forest and park here, so you can do a lot outdoors activities but there's only one mall here so you can't shop or go to arcades very much.
I don't know. It gets really repetitive here when all my friends do is go to a park (really far away) where it's freezing cold, sit at a bunch of benches and talk. In San Diego my apartment complex had plenty of places to just sit in the shade and relax. I guess I just notice that difference more.

Japan, even though it's small, rivals the USA in "percentage of population that have internet access."

Just pointing out that it's very likely to meet a lot of Japanese people on the internet... and not-so-likely to meet someone from a poorer country, such as India.

Sadly, this defends Bubbagum...  but it also allows me to call Bisjac an ignorant starfish!

~"You ignorant starfish!"

Edit: I'm actually curious as to how lit the area is where you are.  I don't get your location... is it like, a small city?  or a town...?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 10:01:35 PM by Jerkface »

Have you been to a maid cafe? lol
totally

I don't know. It gets really repetitive here when all my friends do is go to a park (really far away) where it's freezing cold, sit at a bunch of benches and talk. In San Diego my apartment complex had plenty of places to just sit in the shade and relax. I guess I just notice that difference more.
It's been the same for me, especially with the cold. The most we do is walk around the mall, play sports, karaoke, or stuff inside our houses. It does get really repetitive, guess America just has more diversity and is what makes it more fun.

Japan, even though it's small, rivals the USA in "percentage of population that have internet access."

Just pointing out that it's very likely to meet a lot of Japanese people on the internet... and not-so-likely to meet someone from a poorer country, such as India.

Sadly, this defends Bubbagum...  but it also allows me to call Bisjac an ignorant starfish!

~"You ignorant starfish!"

Edit: I'm actually curious as to how lit the area is where you are.  I don't get your location... is it like, a small city?  or a town...?
Not only do more Japanese have internet, our internet is amazing. I believe we're only paying $50 a month too.

Miyako-shi, Iwate-ken. I guess we're a small city. We're tiny compared to Tokyo, Sendai, or Morioka, but we aren't a tiny town.

better yet, are pills in food form?
No idea, I wouldn't doubt its existence though. Vitamins themselves look and taste just like candy.

is 1 cent nearly the equivalent of 1 yen?

because a 100 yen piece of candy would be like

$1, right?

$1, right?
Currently:
1 USD = 82.440 JPY
So yen is worth a bit more, yes.

$1, right?
More or less, that's usually how I estimate the exchange rate. For technicality, 100 yen is actually about $1.20 right now.

Once Google Fiber is all around America will you be tempted to move here?

Once Google Fiber is all around America will you be tempted to move here?
I actually have to move back to America next year, sadly. But yes, if Google Fiber goes nationwide, I am definitely moving back. I highly doubt Google Fiber will come to where I'm living in America though.

Do girls do this?

"Do" is a bit of an understatement. Every group picture of my friends that I've taken has every girl and a few guys throwing up the peace sign. Any picture that has a girl (guys do it too, but not as often) in it always has at least 2 peace signs.