Advanced VCE v2 - Raycast event! Uploaded to RTB.

Author Topic: Advanced VCE v2 - Raycast event! Uploaded to RTB.  (Read 10979 times)

i'd like an example of how you would use position.

For detecting if a player moved after clicking a brick.
Code: [Select]
OnActivate>Self>VCE_ModVariable>"Client" "ActivatePos" "Set" "<var:player:pos>"
OnPlayerTouch>Self>VCE_IfValue>"<var:client:ActivatePos>" "==" "<var:player:pos>" " "
OnVariableTrue>(Player has moved since clicking the brick.)
OnVariableFalse>(Player has clicked the brick while they are touching it.)

Using <var:player:speed> could work, however as onPlayerTouch gets called every 200ms while you're touching the brick, if you move, then stop before 200ms, then when it checks your speed will be 0, but you would have moved.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 03:06:51 PM by boodals 2 »

I mean like
I tested it yesterday and I tried to do something like
onActivate>Player>VCE_modVariable>[<var:pl:pos>](Add)[(0,2,0)]
like in the text box I put "(0,2,0)"

result: basically being put into one spot no matter what I did.
maybe you could add 3 var replacers, Xpos, Ypos and Zpos or just split pos into those replacers.

The guys in the .gif are being sarcastic.
... my bad let me removee it
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 05:15:43 PM by Tic-toc26 »

I mean like
I tested it yesterday and I tried to do something like
onActivate>Player>VCE_modVariable>[<var:pl:pos>](Add)[(0,2,0)]
like in the text box I put "(0,2,0)"

result: basically being put into one spot no matter what I did.
maybe you could add 3 var replacers, Xpos, Ypos and Zpos or just split pos into those replacers.
<var:player:posx> <var:player:posy> <var:player:posz> All default to VCE.
Also, modifying special variables is bugged. It only works with setting the variable to something.

<var:player:posx> <var:player:posy> <var:player:posz> All default to VCE.
Also, modifying special variables is bugged. It only works with setting the variable to something.
Ah.

Week Bump. I just found out that GetWord and GetWords already exists in vanilla VCE, "Words". I always assumed it returned the word count, so ill be removing them from AdvVCE. Ill be replacing it with some requested bits, and another unplanned couple of things.

Bump.
Updated to v2. Check the OP for new info.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 05:34:28 AM by brickhead »

Nice timing for useless bump.

Uploaded this to RTB. Hopefully now people will update it, and if i'm lucky people might actually look at it!

Oh, and also i have been working on a Hologram Event system. Its very rough right now, but it is working. If i finish it i'll probably upload it as a separate add-on.

I also have plans to make a 'Tracker', which with given to a player using events, any action from the player will trigger inputs on the brick, eg onPlayerJump, onPlayerFire. This is an attempt to stop VCE relays, but allow people to still be able to do all the features that a relay could achieve.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 12:15:50 PM by boodals 2 »

I may or may not sound like a complete noob/newb for asking this, but what would be a useful application of this add-on?

Well, just a few things..
Condensing a lot of modVariable lines from VCE into a single line (with Expressions).
More advanced math, such as calculating the players forward vector (for things such as making you run faster in any minigame)
String manipulation, you could make a chat bot, where you just say things and it filters your message, and replies suitably. Also encrypted chat, emails/pm..
Vector manipulation, lots of uses with my hologram events which should be released eventually.

Some things i have made;
Tracking all players on the server, using their position, yours, and your rotation to give you aim assistance, basically an ingame aimbot if you wanted.
Using your position, and rotation to make an 'iron man suit'. Basically uber jets on any server, any minigame, probably with missile launchers in your face too.
With my holograms, i've made a blue blob which chases a target. Kinda funny when duplicated.

Generally though, if you don't understand VCE, 90% of this pack will be hard if not impossible to use.

Oh, and might as well just say this now that its been bumped. The hologram system is going to be in this pack. It basically allows you to make static shapes through events, control their position, color, rotation, scale, etc. Probably will release it shortly after the pack goes to RTB, which it is still awaiting approval. Its been a month already :/
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 08:45:48 AM by boodals 2 »

Still wish VCE used more option menus and less text boxes.

Yeah, but i'm pretty sure there's a limit to custom lists in events. I might of just had some bad typos though..