Author Topic: do u even lift???  (Read 7292 times)

No but seriously, does anyone here take working out seriously and is working out every night and every morning? What's your workout plan?

Discuss body building/working out/exercising/muscles

I think working out is a waste of time. :l

Then again I'm a skinny toothpick with hardly any muscle at all so I don't think my opinion counts.

I think working out is a waste of time. :l

Then again I'm a skinny toothpick with hardly any muscle at all so I don't think my opinion counts.

It's important to keep a healthy shape and build muscle, even if it means you are skinny.

Do you do any exersicing at all?

If I exercise I lose more of what little fat I have in my body. It doesn't matter what I eat because I have a high metabolism, so umad fat people?

No, not at all.
My only form of 'working out' is playing football (soccer for all the Americans on here)

It's important to keep a healthy shape and build muscle, even if it means you are skinny.

Do you do any exersicing at all?

I walk around my house a lot. :l Other than that its sitting at my computer and taking my dog outside in -4 degree weather every 2 hours. Though I just got my Wii back into my house so I'll probably be more active than usual. I don't really have anywhere to go for exercising and I have no need to do it so I just dont.

I also have circulation problems in my legs so if I stand still for more than a minute my feet turn red and itchy.

anyone who works out every morning and night for muscle gain is an idiot

you wouldn't gain a gram of muscle doing that, you'd lose it (and rather quickly)

I don't understand why people want more muscle either. If you get too much, it's grotesque to look at. If you do it just to become stronger or whatever, what the forget are you going to use it for? Do you have a job that demands hard menial labor? I doubt it; most people just use their computers all day.

I don't understand why people want more muscle either. If you get too much, it's grotesque to look at. If you do it just to become stronger or whatever, what the forget are you going to use it for? Do you have a job that demands hard menial labor? I doubt it; most people just use their computers all day.
You say that like there's no middle ground of just being strong and looking great
Besides I work in an office but there's still no end to the situations where strength is needed

What is the actual downside?

You don't instantly turn into one of those people with muscles that are horrible to look at, most people just get themselves 'toned' so the muscles stand out but not too much. Women find people with muscles attractive (i assume) and being able to lift things most people can't or easily is always nice.

You both might say that, but the muscles people have are never good enough. In reality it's difficult to just stop at some point and accept that you have the ideal mass. Also, some of my friends lift weights but never do anything that involves physical hardship. I asked them why they do it, but they just said to build muscle. 'To build muscle.' Not for anything tangible. I could understand why you might do cardiovascular exercise or sustain pressure on your body to a certain extent, though.

Lifting weights doesn't involve physical hardship? what sort of ignorant bullstuff is that lol?

To dismiss the whole practice based on your (obviously) limited experience with weigh lifting and weight lifters is a bit arrogant

edit: misread that first part but you get the gist of it)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 05:05:45 AM by Böltster »

i gotta lift myself when i get up :D

anyway in response to the OP, i take it seriously and my current workout plan is a three day split (can go into more detail if requested)

monday: chest/tris, core
wednesday: back, biceps, forearms
friday: legs, shoulders, core

each day has a mix of compound exercises with one isolation exercise per muscle each session. i don't do cardio because my metabolism is as fast as forget and it'd burn off all the fuel i need to grow