Author Topic: How do you snap your fingers?  (Read 1663 times)

I cannot be a beatnik until I learn how to snap my fingers.

Index finger over middle finger
Thumb under middle finger
Push thumb up

Put your middle finger on your thumb and add some moderate pressure. Then, swipe your middle finger off the thumb. That's how I do it.

Pull them back really far until they break.
Congrats you've just learnt how to snap your fingers.

With some practice you can use pinky/ring/middle in a row for little triplets

I can't snap. But I can pop both my thumbs at the same time by just moving them a certain way. It sounds about the same.

I can snap my fingers better with my right hand than my left

...Stupid useless left hand

I did those things, but it doesn't make them snap.
It makes the sound of a thumb wooshing off a finger.

I did those things, but it doesn't make them snap.
It makes the sound of a thumb wooshing off a finger.
The sound is made by hitting the middle finger against the pad at the base of your thumb. Make sure that you are using as much force as possible and sliding your finger directly down the side of your thumb.

You might not be putting enough pressure when you do it, and once you do have enough pressure, you have to make a quick motion with your thumb that flings it from the middle finger to the index finger

The wooshing noise is what becomes a snapping noise if enough pressure is applied

The sound is made by hitting the middle finger against the pad at the base of your thumb. Make sure that you are using as much force as possible and sliding your finger directly down the side of your thumb.
Oh patty-cakes, foiled again!

Now it's the sound of a middle finger hitting a palm.
Given, it is more of a snappy sound than I'm used to.

i can clap with one hand

Strangely, I have a hard time snapping with my dominant right hand. Left hand snaps perfectly though.