RTB Dedicated Hosting Service - Service Closing

Author Topic: RTB Dedicated Hosting Service - Service Closing  (Read 257010 times)

Is this in my BL folder? And what exactly is FTP?
File Transfer Protocol.

Google it.

File Transfer Protocol.

Google it.
It's a pretty broad term when I look it up. How do I use it in BL? Is it a console command?

Basically what you'll need to do is download this: http://filezilla-project.org/download.php

You then need to login using the details shown/set on the "FTP Access" page in your RTB management panel.

From there you can just drag files from your computer over to your server. Let me know if you need any further help with this - Rub is working on an FTP tutorial with further instructions for colorsets/music which we'll be posting soon.

Yes there is - if you use FTP you can upload the colorSet.txt file you want to use to the config/server folder on your server.
You have that drag-and-drop add-on uploader. Couldn't you just configure that so if they try to upload a colorSet.txt, it overwrites their current one? Definitely not an elegant or permanent solution but it seems simple enough to do.

Yeah it's definitely an option, I'm just not in a position to do development work at the moment as I'm out of the country.

adding the ability to delete autosaves would be nice

Basically what you'll need to do is download this: http://filezilla-project.org/download.php

You then need to login using the details shown/set on the "FTP Access" page in your RTB management panel.

From there you can just drag files from your computer over to your server. Let me know if you need any further help with this - Rub is working on an FTP tutorial with further instructions for colorsets/music which we'll be posting soon.

This man had it right. I used FileZilla and Trueno's colorset is on my server, working like a dream.

You're actually a lot nicer and helpful than people say, Ephi.

I actually have another question. What files do I have to edit in order to change the player-vehicle limit?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 06:49:22 AM by Aniken 911 »

You can either edit the config/server/prefs.cs file while your server is off, or you can go to the admin menu in your server, go to the admin panel and change the gamemode to custom. This allows you to change the addons and music as well as the advanced settings like vehicle quotas.

Hey guys, can you make an automatic notification thing when the server goes down? Basically just an e-mail telling you the server's down because of a crash or because it was shut down by someone with utility rights to your server.

Absolutely. We're working on a new feature at the moment which should partially do this but we could add a way for you to flag certain events to notify you via email too.

How would I go about adding music to my server? Can we do this yet?

You can - we've not added a formal way to do it but the best way is to do the following:

1. Login using FTP and upload your music files to the Add-Ons/Music folder on your server.
2. Start/restart and join your server, go to the admin panel and hit the Game-modes button.
3. Choose the "Custom" gamemode and hit next, then select "Music" in the menu on the left.
4. From here you can enable all the music you want.

We'll be adding a proper way to manage your music in the future. Let me know if you have any problems with the above.

You can - we've not added a formal way to do it but the best way is to do the following:

1. Login using FTP and upload your music files to the Add-Ons/Music folder on your server.
2. Start/restart and join your server, go to the admin panel and hit the Game-modes button.
3. Choose the "Custom" gamemode and hit next, then select "Music" in the menu on the left.
4. From here you can enable all the music you want.

We'll be adding a proper way to manage your music in the future. Let me know if you have any problems with the above.
That's a good enough method for me, I'm only doing this once...however in the feature a remote method from the hosting site would be nice.

I see a bright future for this service :)

Man, this sucks. Why can't I make an account on the Return to Blockland website. It gives me this error message, " Sorry, you can't register yet. We're not quite done with the rest of the site so give us some time to sort that out!" I tried to make a Return to Blockland account about a month ago and it gave me the same exact error message. My friend bought me 3 months of RTB Dedicated Hosting Service and I'd like to be able to control it.