GameMode RTS

Author Topic: GameMode RTS  (Read 1043 times)

I don't think it's posible but can any one make a GameMode where your in orb mode and command bot what to do?

What does RTS stand for?

Ask Port or some other scripting expert who knows how to do a decent AI, because I am only intermediate with scripting.

Ask Port or some other scripting expert who knows how to do a decent AI, because I am only intermediate with scripting.
you dont need to be an expert to make a bot move...
you can use the bot events and greek bots/copy mod(s) as references

you dont need to be an expert to make a bot move...
you can use the bot events and greek bots/copy mod(s) as references
This might require pathfinding algorithms that are complicated.

This might require pathfinding algorithms that are complicated.
or just make it go straight and make the person have to figure it out

I've always wanted to try and make an RTS in Blockland. I know turned based strategy games were made in Blockland but I've always wanted to make an RTS with events.

couldn't you make a giant glass floor that is see through, along with yourself and items of yours? Then place bot spawns that will follow a player's movements under them, and use vce to track the player's name? That'd be the eventing way to do so....

couldn't you make a giant glass floor that is see through, along with yourself and items of yours? Then place bot spawns that will follow a player's movements under them, and use vce to track the player's name? That'd be the eventing way to do so....
what is the point of that?
you'll be fighting a player on the glass and the bots will just be copying your movement
so the same events (not the brick events) will happen

what is the point of that?
you'll be fighting a player on the glass and the bots will just be copying your movement
so the same events (not the brick events) will happen

ah, I just remembered you can't turn off collision for players... I meant to make the bots aggressive to one another?

ah, I just remembered you can't turn off collision for players... I meant to make the bots aggressive to one another?
well i was hopeing
that you could give the bots comands, maybe with a wepon?
well any way comands like:
where to move to
attack
defend (attack any thing that come in a certain radious)
hijack (if its compatable with vehicles)
enter (vehicle/Building)
and maby some other stuff