The vicious cycle of a jail rp-And why they should be monitered

Author Topic: The vicious cycle of a jail rp-And why they should be monitered  (Read 3061 times)

Then Kozak joined. He spawnkilled essentially every prisoner and then, when it was the prisoners turn to be guards. They started doing the same to "get back" at Kozak.

Then Kozak joined.

Good thing you left.

Jail Rp's are stufffests admins or no admins.

It would rather suck to be an inmate at this prison.

Jail Escape games like this must always be monitored by an admin or it goes haywire.
In my opinion I dislike them overall though. With the exception of Pload's of course <3.
Yeah but Pload's always had a diff objective, there was no such thing as "freekilling".

Another reason dedicated servers with next to no votekicking methods should be illegal.

Yeah I realize it is sarcasm but it was pretty dismissive to the OP imo.

He basically said "Oh wow like I have never seen a thread like this(sarcasm)" which is just a slap in the face to OP.
You have a point. Unfortunately, this problem will never be resolved because of the actual nature of jail RPs. Therefore it is a futile effort to make more topics about it.
Hence, his sarcasm.

You have a point. Unfortunately, this problem will never be resolved because of the actual nature of jail RPs. Therefore it is a futile effort to make more topics about it.
Hence, his sarcasm.
True. Although it seemed pretty unnecessary to post though. :/

Another reason dedicated servers with next to no votekicking methods should be illegal.
Votekick is an abused pile of stuff that creates more problems than it solves. Check out the "Facechild votekicking for no reason" thread for Wedge's opinion on it.
The only real way to make sure your server is well-moderated is to have an actual good admin on 24/7.

Dayum that is terrible. If you want freekilling, teamkilling and spawnkilling douchebags go to a jail rp.

I think the best solution would be to have a clear goal. Not just endless RPing and 'Simon sez' games, or finding a random loving sword beneath some boxes, but to work towards something.
 - Jailmates: Good conduct = faster discharge?
 - Guards: Fewer people killed/injured while enforcing rules = more credibility?

There'd have to be some sort of definite structure, so that the entire game doesn't revolve around the boredom or imagination of its players.

I have seen my little brother behave better on a Jail RP.
He apparently visits them and likes them.
I'm talking about a 9-year-old boy here, just saying. :P

I actually made the perfect Jail RP once. I'm sure anyone who remembers knows what I am talking about.

I actually made the perfect Jail RP once. I'm sure anyone who remembers knows what I am talking about.

Well it was more like a solitary confinement rp. Until a cellmate spawned. Then both of your were stuck in there forever. I remember you were trying to expand the jail, but you didn't get too far if I remember well.

Well it was more like a solitary confinement rp. Until a cellmate spawned. Then both of your were stuck in there forever. I remember you were trying to expand the jail, but you didn't get too far if I remember well.

I lost the save, whoops. Yup you're right. I might make a new one now with the jail door and jail bars.

That was you?

Good times