Momentum: a game by Bushido (update R0036)

Author Topic: Momentum: a game by Bushido (update R0036)  (Read 6048 times)

a game about going fast (as per usual). technically a part of the runner genre, but it's more like a one-button platformer. everything you need is in-game (except the debug functions, which are middle click and K- hard reset and Self Delete respectively).

an experiment. might will almost certainly is currently being developed for the iPad. i like the direction the project is going so i'll definitely try to keep the ball rolling THIS BALL IS ROLLING GET THE forget OUT THE WAY CAUSE IT'S GONNA BE AWESOME

youtube playthrough of r02. showcases the basic gameplay, but none of the sweet levels. by nienhaus1

click here (latest update: r36!)

(have you tried modern mode, by the way?)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 01:25:21 AM by Bushido »

Neat concept.  If the camera could be a little bit smoother, then it would make this a little easier to play.  Right now it seems a bit rigid.

Bushido you might want to take that link down.
Posting .exe s is against the rules even if the file has been scanned to not be a virus.

Or at leats put it inside a .zip.

The game looks fun and I will definetly try it though.

Edit:Thanks Bushi, it is now in a zip.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 01:38:19 AM by ShadowZero »

Neat concept.  If the camera could be a little bit smoother, then it would make this a little easier to play.  Right now it seems a bit rigid.

how should i smooth it, then

Bushido you might want to take that link down.
Posting .exe s is against the rules even if the file has been scanned to not be a virus.

Or at leats put it inside a .zip.

The game looks fun and I will definetly try it though.

I think the rules for that are a bit looser here, seeing as this is about games and most games are run from .exe's.
I could be wrong though.

forgetin' cheap-ass MIND CONTROL

doesn't even WORK over the INTERNET

forgetin' cheap-ass MIND CONTROL

doesn't even WORK over the INTERNET

Is your mind control not working?
Click here to get LEGIT mind control!

how should i smooth it, then
I don't know, you're the programmer here.  I'm just pointing out that the camera was a bit distasteful.

Is your mind control not working?
Click here to get LEGIT mind control!

yes master...

honestly I think it's goddamn beautiful and if you ever want help with it I've been trying to make a game like this for a long time but I never had any art to do it with and what did you code it in I know C++ and stuff
/runon

As more of an in-depth review:
I like the animations. They're nice and smooth.
The controls are responsive and I like how the BG/FG moves well with the scene.
It's pretty awesome. What's it coded in? (as I asked in my previous post but I'm not requiring you to understand what the forget I said)

i love it

it needs to be easier to determine what you can walk on and what you can't walk on, though

Not bad, awaiting more levels.

i love it

it needs to be easier to determine what you can walk on and what you can't walk on, though
yeah, and those checkerboard platforms should be like stone
Not bad, awaiting more levels.
oh bushi speaking of that I have an awesome idea for a level system if you want my halp
I was coding a game for iOS a while back called afrorunner
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 12:57:59 PM by Daedalus »