Author Topic: The Power of Introverts (Ep. 1)  (Read 719 times)

Yesterday, it was very late at night and I was browsing Youtube's most viewed only to find the same prank videos over and over again, until I saw a video titled "The Power of Introverts". It looked like one of those sort of upbeat vsauce/minutephysics/asapscience videos, but it turned out to be completely different (maybe due to the narrator). I think of myself as a 50/50 between introvert and extrovert, and this video really got me thinking.

Are you an introvert or an extrovert? Possibly a 50/50? Post your thoughts on this video, it really got me thinking.

Someone said hello to me on the bus

help im being opresed :(

I'm definitely an introvert. Though I am plenty social because being lonely sucks. It's nice to be able to call people, but I don't like having to be the one to call every single time.

Introvert; I can exist in social spaces but I will not thrive. I value being alone very highly.

Saw her on the TED talks.

Introvert; I can exist in social spaces but I will not thrive. I value being alone very highly.

Saw her on the TED talks.
Same here, man. Unless it's night time, because then I'm usually pretty hyped up.

Also thanks for the heads up, I'm watching the TED video right now :D

I'm definitely an introvert. Though I am plenty social because being lonely sucks. It's nice to be able to call people, but I don't like having to be the one to call every single time.

That's not introverted, that's just wanting personal time and space, which is what everyone wants now and then.

As for me, I can go both ways. Like, I love hanging out with my friends and stuff, but I can go months (i.e. Summer Break) without physical human contact, and I'm okay with this.

Saw this awhile ago and really liked it. I was an introvert but i am getting much more social through the years and now in the balance.

As for me, I can go both ways.
Good Shadow, I'm glad you came out to us.

Ontopic: I don't really know how I would classify myself, because I don't go and be a douchebag to people, like most people that "extroverts".

But I'm not really "alone" either.

That's not introverted, that's just wanting personal time and space, which is what everyone wants now and then.

Well then I guess my personality type changed when I went to collage. Or maybe my self esteem skewed the test results when I took it.

I'm quite the introvert

I'm definitely an introvert, but I am still social.
I get tired if I am out with friends too long. I recharge by being alone.

I'm rather introverted; if I don't absolutely trust someone, I tend to not say much.
Once I trust them I'll show them who I am.

That's why I hide online; if I make an absolute fool of myself and I'm laughed off the forums by a couple hundred people, I can come back with an alt and "restart". In real life, there is no such convenience. In real life, if I screw up, it's FOREVER.