Foreign language help? - Spanish II

Author Topic: Foreign language help? - Spanish II  (Read 601 times)

So I'm 3 weeks from the end of the semester and Spanish... Is well, troubling. Right now were working on preterites and imperfects, and I get the concept but how each one works and where ser, ir, ver and the like go is just way over my head.
Does anyone have any good tips or websites for Spanish related stuff? (I have a tutor, and I cannot shell out any amount of money for any new service. The tutor helps, but I can only see her once a week.)

If I can simply pass Spanish, I don't have to take another foreign language class until college... Though an A is the goal here of course. If there is any added detail I can provide that would help, then I can provide whatever info needed.

Je Suis en Francais deux  :cookieMonster:

(my french spelling fails)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 09:40:16 PM by brian498 »

Ok, let me help ya with Ser. Ser is a verb, ser means to be. For every pronoun there is a type of ser we must use.

I'll show you examples, also forget accent marks.

Pronombre   Ser
Yo   soy   
Tú   eres   
Él, ella, usted   es   
Nosotros   somos   
Vosotros   sois   
Ellos, ellas, ustedes   son

-----------
Those are the forms of ser and their pronouns. I will write you sentences using every form of ser.
Yo soy estudiantes.
Tu eres estudiante.
Usted es estudiante.
Nostros somos estudiantes.
Vosotros sois estudiantes.
Ellos son estudiantes.
---
Get it?

no you're good

Je suis parle Francais. Ca va?

Hang out with Mexicans, they will teach you all sorts of useful Spanish words

you are 'talk french'?
Talk and speak are the same verb and form. At least, that's what I was told in my three years of French. -_-

It has been awhile but I'm fairly sure that's correct. Don't always throw things in translators and expect them to come out correct.

what you said translated to "I am talk French"

if you were trying to say you speak french, it would be "Je parle Francais" which means "I speak French"

and yes "parle" can mean either speak or talk depending on context, but the "suis" you added in there means "am", making the whole thing not make a whole lot of sense

what you said translated to "I am talk French"

if you were trying to say you speak french, it would be "Je parle Francais" which means "I speak French"
I see what you're saying. It's been a while and I never was good with French.

If I can simply pass Spanish, I don't have to take another foreign language class until college... Though an A is the goal here of course. If there is any added detail I can provide that would help, then I can provide whatever info needed.

I took the few Italian classes I was supposed to in Middle School, and got fed up and failed my High School class.

My college doesn't require a language credit at all for any degree other than those pertaining to foreign languages.  Barely any of them do.

If I knew specifically what you were asking I could help you OP.

If I knew specifically what you were asking I could help you OP.

Imperfect / perfect (preterite)

I'm surprised the preterite is being covered in a level 2 course.

Hang out with Mexicans, they will teach you all sorts of useful Spanish words
I'm dating one. Forgot to mention that on my older topic. She helps, but im kinda looking for ways to remember it best.

To my understanding here's a few different forms

Imperfect Jugar
Jugaba     Jugábamos
Jugabas    Jugabais
Jugaba      Jugaban

Preterite er/ir
í.      Imos
iste.   Isteis
ó.      Ieron

See the thing is, I had to pull out my index cards just to double check that info :/

Also.
Ok, let me help ya with Ser. Ser is a verb, ser means to be. For every pronoun there is a type of ser we must use.

I'll show you examples, also forget accent marks.

Pronombre   Ser
Yo   soy   
Tú   eres   
Él, ella, usted   es   
Nosotros   somos   
Vosotros   sois   
Ellos, ellas, ustedes   son

-----------
Those are the forms of ser and their pronouns. I will write you sentences using every form of ser.
Yo soy estudiantes. I am the students?
Tu eres estudiante.
Usted es estudiante.
Nostros somos estudiantes.
Vosotros sois estudiantes.
Ellos son estudiantes.
---
Get it?

That's old. That's Spanish I. Where ser gets confusing is using it's Preterite form era, eras, era, eramos, erasteis, eran

When I get home I'll see if I can get a picture or something to better allow you guys to help.