Poll

How do you want Rykuta to wrap this up?

Finish up with the 12 or so models already made, and release as a public set.
32 (43.8%)
Backtrack and grab a bunch of old models and mix and match with new to release the full 24+ weaponset you guys have been expecting.
36 (49.3%)
Release all finished codes to the public without doing anything to the current set, let the fans sort things out the way they want.
4 (5.5%)
Other, please post.
1 (1.4%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Author Topic: Hells&Khain Weaponry  (Read 208856 times)

I have another important question for this next update, when it happens I mean. What is most important to you as players in your weapon-sets, what things do you want ore than anything else, which is the most important focus?

Having enough weapons to create distinct and unique play styles in the same pack.

Such as having a more mid range "combat" sniper ( 3-5 shot kills, Fulfilling the slot of a long range sniper weapon, but stylizing it as more of a Semi-Auto Assault rifle with more kick)

While also having a dedicated long range sniper (1-2 shot body kills, head shot kills, slow fire rate so you have to really take your shots, low ammunition count)

and something in between these two (2-4 shot kills, slower than the combat sniper, faster and with more ammo than the harder hitting slow rifle)

Carry this example over to every class of weapon (with one or two unique out-liers)

So 3 or so SMGs, Pistols, Shottys, Assault rifles, Snipers, Edit: Can't believe I forgot LMG's <3

If at all possible having a few 'unique' or different weapons that also open up new game-play options is a huge bonus.

IE: Crossbow, Flamethrower, Explosives, Gadgets, especially different kinds of traditional weapons (Such as an Assault rifle that fires more than one bullet at a time)

But I'd appreciate anything you and Khain put out there so make what you want to make.

omg where have you been <3

In a tidal wave of mystery.

I never left bro, I just lurk mostly.

:U

the single shot sniper rifle needs a retool (the intervention?)

the fact that you cant aim it worth stuff while not moving is a gigantic pain in the ass and it also completely forgets you over if you ever need to dodge anything. that wouldn't be a problem in other games but considering blockland is explicitly designed for you to always be dodging all the time the idea becomes way more of an issue

what i would do is make it too inaccurate to aim at long range while moving over a specific speed (walking speed? crouching speed?) but still usable as a short-range panic weapon if you get caught by a guy like a foot away from you as long as you still get the headshot (which is now immensely harder because the target is able to move much faster)

and when i say 'too inaccurate' i mean roughly assault rifle accuracy if not a little more inaccurate to the point that you cannot hit someone 64 studs away consistently but at 16 to 32 studs you can land shots reliably

I want to make a TDM and use these but I'm so lazy for making a map :(

I want to make a TDM and use these but I'm so lazy for making a map :(
well, ok then

here's your loved PROGRESS:

man theres some big pictures

make the triggerguard on the 93R more like real life (at least proportionally)

other than that jizz/10

one of my biggest OCD things is the gap between the trigger and handle.

yeah, that looks really goofy man