Poll

How do you want Rykuta to wrap this up?

Finish up with the 12 or so models already made, and release as a public set.
32 (43.8%)
Backtrack and grab a bunch of old models and mix and match with new to release the full 24+ weaponset you guys have been expecting.
36 (49.3%)
Release all finished codes to the public without doing anything to the current set, let the fans sort things out the way they want.
4 (5.5%)
Other, please post.
1 (1.4%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Author Topic: Hells&Khain Weaponry  (Read 208656 times)

Im having an issue where the weapon consumes 2 bullets instead of 1.

Anyone else have this issue?

Im having an issue where the weapon consumes 2 bullets instead of 1.

Anyone else have this issue?
Probably a result of function overlap (Two advanced weapon codes running simultaneously). See if you have any conflicting add-ons or redundant add-ons.

threads 2 year barfday soon

I can with weapons like the shotguns and rifles I suppose but the bolt action weapons will require different models because I changed the way the reload works, it would look super clunky or barren without those being remodeled. But I suppose I can if you really want.
it would be nice if you did; maybe leave out the bolt action weapons for now?
khain once you finish college apps this winter break i expect u to get ur ass on this

also, ammo restock for your adv weaponry/HK? so far i don't see an event nor an item to restock ammo
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 07:49:58 PM by Conan »

khain once you finish college apps this winter break i expect u to get ur ass on this

also, ammo restock for your adv weaponry/HK? so far i don't see an event nor an item to restock ammo
this, plus RTB prefs are borked

i've been working on some things, it's not the typical H&K thing but im sure you'll enjoy it just as much ;-))

i've been working on some things, it's not the typical H&K thing but im sure you'll enjoy it just as much ;-))
asdf i want need the typical H&K thing since the alpha is rly good but not enough weapons for anything
that and rly a new project that will never get done????? or maybe you will finish it this time???

mc cane i like ur fancy spes waps
(((cool tomahawks)))

btw the red revolvrs startup animation reminds me of the sfrevolver lol

its still classy!!1
does the longbow have a place in the pack?!?!

This is kinda off topic but If I wanted to change the base damage value of certain weapons where would I go in the CS?

I haven't had any luck reliably changing damage values

Khain wants to do weapons that are like the default ones. (AKA nothing special in the slightest except models.) I'm pretty sure nobody who likes HK will enjoy them as weapons, maybe models, that's it.

I have finished my work on H&K and its subsequent support (and by finished I mean, I'm done working on it for now). I wish to move on to other more interesting projects but, again, lack modelers interested in assisting me.

If you are interested in the beta pack, I can upload it to my hardly ever used Blockland mod website (googlesites rofl), which contains some other gems I demed were acceptable for release, including the original TW. The current code adaptations I have compiled utilize models from T+T, since Khain refuses to give me new substitutes (laziness probably, oh well).

Also to answer Gunnyz question: weapon damage is found rather easily if you search for it; each weapon has its own damage model, these are calculated by the RYG variables for Max and Min Damage, as well as Max and Min Ranges; since the weapons have effective damage ranges. (Increasing max damage increases the damage it does at minimum range, increasing min damage increases the damage it does at max range; etc.) However, if you would like to avoid breaking all of the weapons balances while still making all of them do more damage, the system is designed with a scaling variable you can change whenever you want:
Code: [Select]
$Pref::RYG::DamageModifier = 100; // Change the 100 to any other percentage to scale weapon damage globally, just put this in your server consoleThese are found within each weapons CS file; if you want to break weapon balance a bit.
RYG_MaxDmg = 9; // Max damage at optimum Range.
RYG_MinDmg = 4; // Min damage at worst range.
RYG_FalloffMax = 160; // Range when bullet is at lowest damage. (In TorqueUnits)
RYG_FalloffMin = 40; // Range before bullet starts to lose damage. (In TorqueUnits)

I am done with generic weapons, unless someone wants an adapted WW2 pack  or something for the HK support.

Khain wants to do weapons that are like the default ones. (AKA nothing special in the slightest except models.) I'm pretty sure nobody who likes HK will enjoy them as weapons, maybe models, that's it.

I have finished my work on H&K and its subsequent support (and by finished I mean, I'm done working on it for now). I wish to move on to other more interesting projects but, again, lack modelers interested in assisting me.

If you are interested in the beta pack, I can upload it to my hardly ever used Blockland mod website (googlesites rofl), which contains some other gems I demed were acceptable for release, including the original TW. The current code adaptations I have compiled utilize models from T+T, since Khain refuses to give me new substitutes (laziness probably, oh well).

Also to answer Gunnyz question: weapon damage is found rather easily if you search for it; each weapon has its own damage model, these are calculated by the RYG variables for Max and Min Damage, as well as Max and Min Ranges; since the weapons have effective damage ranges. (Increasing max damage increases the damage it does at minimum range, increasing min damage increases the damage it does at max range; etc.) However, if you would like to avoid breaking all of the weapons balances while still making all of them do more damage, the system is designed with a scaling variable you can change whenever you want:
$Pref::RYG::DamageModifier = 100; // Change the 100 to any other percentage to scale weapon damage globally, just put this in your server consoleThese are found within each weapons CS file; if you want to break weapon balance a bit.
RYG_MaxDmg = 9; // Max damage at optimum Range.
RYG_MinDmg = 4; // Min damage at worst range.
RYG_FalloffMax = 160; // Range when bullet is at lowest damage. (In TorqueUnits)
RYG_FalloffMin = 40; // Range before bullet starts to lose damage. (In TorqueUnits)

I am done with generic weapons, unless someone wants an adapted WW2 pack  or something for the HK support.

I tried editing these values and it would either jump from weapons killing in 2 shots or jumps to 7.

Also just curious but is the min and max damage raw? As in if I put the Min damage to 10 and say the max to 20 It should do exactly 20 damage in close range not ignoring the percentage multiplier
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 02:05:41 PM by Gunnyz »