Author Topic: People Who Claim "Freekill" On Jail Escapes Falsely  (Read 2088 times)

Okay, this is something that has been on my mind for awhile.

Earlier this year, I was on Uxie's Jail Escape server, or at least that is who I remember the host was. There was this guy (can't remember his username, it was quite awhile ago) whom I accidentally killed. I apologized and said it was a mistake, and I even discussed my accidental kill in IRC - yet he still attempted to get me vote kicked.

The thing that pisses me off is people rage, votekick, and complain because they have to wait FIVE FREAKING MINUTES because of an ACCIDENT to play a server  on a VIDEO  GAME which is irrelevant to their life, and doesn't mean anything in the long run. It is extremely unfair to to try and gain revenge over a MISTAKE.
Idea: Be compassionate, idiots - if you made the same mistake, would you like it if someone was trying to get your ass kicked for NO LOGICAL REASON?

/discuss

if your drama originates in uxie's, i'm surprised that the drama isn't on the administration

so, you post a drama NOW about something "earlier this year"

it wasn't false; he DID get killed without reason. it was just an accident.

now, the part that makes me want to hit something
The thing that pisses me off is people rage, votekick, and complain because they have to wait FIVE FREAKING MINUTES because of an ACCIDENT to play a server  on a VIDEO  GAME which is irrelevant to their life, and doesn't mean anything in the long run.
let's just remove rules from existance.

The only solution to your issue is just to not play on Jail Escapes.

The level of effort needed to make a jail escape server doesn't warrant any attention from the admins, so they decide to install a votekick addon to moderate the server. Naturally, players use it to bully people/votekick people who haven't broken rules.

You should just send a PM to the server admin and provide some names of players who behaved well so that he can give them admin.

wait FIVE FREAKING MINUTES because of an ACCIDENT to play a server  on a VIDEO  GAME which is irrelevant to their life
Hey, don't say stuff like that. If videogames are irrelevant to their/your life, why are you posting on the forums after you got banned from one?

If videogames are irrelevant to their/your life, why are you posting on the forums after you got banned from one?

I misstated the last part quite badly. I was saying it was dumb to get angry over something which is just a game, and isn't a reality. If you don't like what's going on, get your ass out of the computer chair and go do something productive.

if your drama originates in uxie's, i'm surprised that the drama isn't on the administration

so, you post a drama NOW about something "earlier this year"

it wasn't false; he DID get killed without reason. it was just an accident.

Uxie is pretty nice to me, actually.

And, I posted it now because I just wanted to conjure up some intelligent and thought-provoking discussion amongst those who want it.

I meant a false accusation of a "freekill". The general definition of a freekill is just randomly killing intentionally.

*claps* no name, picture proof, or any logic. fantastic.

I misstated the last part quite badly. I was saying it was dumb to get angry over something which is just a game, and isn't a reality. If you don't like what's going on, get your ass out of the computer chair and go do something productive.
3 cool 5 internet

*claps* no name, picture proof, or any logic. fantastic.
He's not asking anyone to get banned, so there's no need for any proof.

You forgot about THOSE morons. I'm talking about the people who say they were freekilled, even though they were killed for a legit reason. I HATE people who do that, it's stupid, idiotic, and shouldn't be allowed

GAH!

(Side note: FINALLY, someone made a topic about this, i was getting fed up too.)

I can relate to the whole "you are a freekiller" thing you get on jail RPs.

Perhaps in vain, I try to set a standard at any jail RPs I play at by doing the best I can as a guard. Only accusing players of having weapons if I see them (i.e no third person spying). Giving them a chance to clear and hand over items, giving them a chance to make an excuse or bribe me in the RP, and only firing if they attack or ignore orders (and usually not to kill).

I've had people come up to me, shoot me, then claim I freekilled them after I retaliated. Its ridiculous, and it makes it very troublesome when votekick is there because people can incite false banning and kicking.

Those servers are just no good. Usually bad mods, no admins (or too much administration in some cases) and the players are often the kind that enjoy family rps and other dodgy servers.

I can relate to this, especially people who use an afk command to chat while dead (this pisses me off because it completely violates everything deadtalk is created for). But your reasoning is quite poor if you ask me.

I can relate to the whole "you are a freekiller" thing you get on jail RPs.

Perhaps in vain, I try to set a standard at any jail RPs I play at by doing the best I can as a guard. Only accusing players of having weapons if I see them (i.e no third person spying). Giving them a chance to clear and hand over items, giving them a chance to make an excuse or bribe me in the RP, and only firing if they attack or ignore orders (and usually not to kill).

I've had people come up to me, shoot me, then claim I freekilled them after I retaliated. Its ridiculous, and it makes it very troublesome when votekick is there because people can incite false banning and kicking.

Those servers are just no good. Usually bad mods, no admins (or too much administration in some cases) and the players are often the kind that enjoy family rps and other dodgy servers.

EXACTLY, i see i'm not the only one to have to deal with lying players.

giving them a chance to make an excuse or bribe me in the RP,
You aren't really supposed to do that. Like, the guards are just supposed to shoot on sight anyone who has a gun and refuses to drop it. There isn't really a roleplaying-aspect to the game.

I guess this could vary from server to server, but that's how it is on CS:S jail escape servers (which is what inspired blockland jail escapes).

You aren't really supposed to do that. Like, the guards are just supposed to shoot on sight anyone who has a gun and refuses to drop it. There isn't really a roleplaying-aspect to the game.

Well its a jail role play and I can play the role in any way I wish. Its not a question of what you are supposed to do, as long as you act within reason.

The moment you let it turn clinical, people forget around and free kill. Thats what I've found anyhow.

Well its a jail role play and I can play the role in any way I wish. Its not a question of what you are supposed to do, as long as you act within reason.
I don't even know what you're saying.

The guards are supposed to kill whoever has a gun and doesn't give it up.

If you're accepting 'bribes' to not kill people, you're not doing your job right.