Author Topic: Maxx's Town TDM [OPEN!]  (Read 4302 times)

Hello everyone! Welcome to my TDM!
My TDM Is now finished! I hope you enjoy the TDM!

News
12/13/2012 Topic created, build finished.
12/14/2012 Had a very good first host day.

Screenshots

Overhead view!

Another view of the town.

Admin Applications
I am as of now accepting admin applications.

IGN: (ingame name here)
BLID: (Blockland id here)
Why should I make you admin: (describe)
Who recommends you: (describe)
Do you have any ideas for the server: (describe if yes, dont if no)
Previous admin experiences: (describe)

Uptime

I am going to host on Fridays and also Thursdays.

At around 4:00 on Friday. And 6:30 on Thursdays.

Admins
Maxx -Host
Puffin -Admin
Charles -Admin
Radioactive Mace -Admin
Xi -Admin
Ticonderoga-Admin
Credits
Radioactive Mace- Credits to him for the spawn design!
Puffin- Credits for him for helping me create parts of the map!
Charles- For helping with better design for trees

FAQ

Q. "What guns do you use?"
A. I use Khain's Modern Weapon Pack

Q. "How do I get admin?"
A. Use the layout above for admin applications.

Q. "Can I help out?"
A. Yes but you atleast have to ask here, and I will give you build rights.

Q. "What is your timezone?"
A. My timezone is CDT.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 09:27:44 PM by -Maxx- »

You don't need to reserve the first post of every topic you make.
And it seems a bit bare, there are no boundaries which nine times out of ten means some idiots will run as far away from the map as possible.

Try adding some cubescape terrain to make defined borders, and add a few more buildings.
(Maybe some that actually have the ambiance of a town and not random brick rectangles)

You don't need to reserve the first post of every topic you make.
And it seems a bit bare, there are no boundaries which nine times out of ten means some idiots will run as far away from the map as possible.

Try adding some cubescape terrain to make defined borders, and add a few more buildings.
(Maybe some that actually have the ambiance of a town and not random brick rectangles)
I am going to do that when I have the chance. Thanks for the ideas though :)

-Asked by Maxx-

IGN: Puffin
BLID: 35521
Why should I make you admin: As an admin I believe in a fair community. I wish the best for the server before my wishes. I give a smile and never complain and I always have a good reason for what I do.
Do you have any ideas for the server: One of the things I usually work on is behavioral problems. So what I expect/wish is for good sportsmanship, nice attitudes, and just having a fun time.

-Asked by Maxx-

IGN: Puffin
BLID: 35521
Why should I make you admin: As an admin I believe in a fair community. I wish the best for the server before my wishes. I give a smile and never complain and I always have a good reason for what I do.
Do you have any ideas for the server: One of the things I usually work on is behavioral problems. So what I expect/wish is for good sportsmanship, nice attitudes, and just having a fun time.

Accepted, come to server to recieve admin.

FIRST

Warning - while you were typing 5 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

DAMNIT

Ot: when can we play it?

It's a rather soothing build, but looks really plain and could use some more detail.

FIRST

Warning - while you were typing 5 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

DAMNIT

Ot: when can we play it?

I got done around 10:00 so right now im hosting, tomorrow i'll be hosting too. Look at the Uptime section

Hosting at 4 pm cdt today.

Tips:
  • Concentrate props and decorations around areas of interest (i.e. doorways, signs, important landmarks, etc.)
  • Don't concentrate on areas where players are less inclined to look (i.e. surfaces of walls, transitional zones/areas, streets, etc.)
  • Illustrate off-limits areas by creating visible but bland, expansive spaces that contrast with the surrounding environment.
  • On somewhat larger maps such as this particular one, use frequent signs to help players navigate it; they will notice them subconsciously.

IGN: Charles
BLID: 8326
Why should I make you admin:
Reason 1 - You suggested I apply for the server.
Reason 2 - I'm not a bad builder, I'd be glad to help with your build, and help in various other ways.
Reason 3 - I have good grammar. Look, it just glistens.
Reason 4 - My experiences, and the fact that I can moderate the server.
Reason 5 - I could help in various ways, like mentioned at the end of Reason 2.
Who recommends you: you, radioactive mace (hansome dude,)
Do you have any ideas for the server: new build, perhaps? terrain that isn't completely flat or around it. new buildings, i guess, and new spawnroom. I could help with the build.
More weapon choices.
Previous admin experiences: moderating at fanta's, deleting spam, helping players learn
moderating radioactive mace's, making sure people don't be heavy, issuing warnings
stuff like moderating and stuff.

IGN: Charles
BLID: 8326
Why should I make you admin:
Reason 1 - You suggested I apply for the server.
Reason 2 - I'm not a bad builder, I'd be glad to help with your build, and help in various other ways.
Reason 3 - I have good grammar. Look, it just glistens.
Reason 4 - My experiences, and the fact that I can moderate the server.
Reason 5 - I could help in various ways, like mentioned at the end of Reason 2.
Who recommends you: you, radioactive mace (hansome dude,)
Do you have any ideas for the server: new build, perhaps? terrain that isn't completely flat or around it. new buildings, i guess, and new spawnroom. I could help with the build.
More weapon choices.
Previous admin experiences: moderating at fanta's, deleting spam, helping players learn
moderating radioactive mace's, making sure people don't be heavy, issuing warnings
stuff like moderating and stuff.

Accepted, come to the server to recieve admin.

Although you were fighting with a couple of the admins, most of your reasons were just. In this I see that you can explain things clearly, as you stated you have good grammar, which I have noticed.

I think you might be a good admin. Just try not to pick many fights, as this could make things a lot worse off then you might have intended.

Welcome aboard Charles  :cookieMonster: