Author Topic: Slayer Suggestions  (Read 488 times)

Here is a list of things that I think should be added to Slayer:

>Respawn button
   -A button next to "Move" and "Remove" that simply respawns the selected player
>Kill button
   -Same as respawn button, but instead it kills the selected player
>White listed teams
   -A drop down box for each team where you select the trust or admin level the player must be to join that team
   -It would include:  Anyone, BL_ID Allow, Build Trust, Full Trust, Admin, Super Admin, Host
>Randomize teams
   -Shuffle teams makes everyone on one team switch to the other
   -Randomize teams would completely mix the teams up, this way you aren't with the same players all the time
>Pre-round countdown for teams
   -You can set how long a countdown is separately for different teams
   -Could be useful for TDMs where there is an Attacker and Defender team and the host wants the Defender team to have time to set up and get ready before the Attackers come
>Advanced team leaders
   -Team leaders are available
   -Separate team leader window where you can choose:  leader's weapons, playertype, uniform, respawn time, # of team leaders possible, lives, playerscale, maybe amount of points for killing the team leader
   -Also includes check boxes for:  Can use team chat, build, paint, wand
   -You can create multiple leaders and you can type in the leader's rank
      -Leader, Co-Leader, Captain, Co-Captain...etc
   -Shuffle or randomize leader
      -Selects a new leader randomly after certain amount of rounds, similar to shuffle teams
   -Leader spawn point brick
   -It would also be really cool if after a certain amount of rounds, your team can vote for who they want to be the next leader
      -If there is a tie it randomly chooses between whoever tied

You can leave your own suggestions and I might add it to the list.

>Respawn button
>Kill button
No, people can add the buttons with a separate mod if they want. I don't want to clutter the GUI. Anyway, there are add-ons for something similar already.

>Randomize teams
   -Shuffle teams makes everyone on one team switch to the other
   -Randomize teams would completely mix the teams up, this way you aren't with the same players all the time

This is how Team Shuffle used to work, but people complained that they didn't get switched to the other team. Please note that while the current system only flips the teams if there are 2 teams, the teams are completely shuffled if there are more than that.

>White listed teams
>Advanced team leaders

>Pre-round countdown for teams
   -You can set how long a countdown is separately for different teams
   -Could be useful for TDMs where there is an Attacker and Defender team and the host wants the Defender team to have time to set up and get ready before the Attackers come
I'll see about adding that as I continue to work on the countdown system. There's still a lot that needs to be finished.

At least consider adding team leaders with the team spawns. I think it's a great idea.

I also like the white listed team suggestion, too. So you shot down my two favorite suggestions. D=

Is there a way to change the countdown sounds, not that I dislike the announcer's voice or something but, I kind of just wanted it to play a beep or something...