Author Topic: MrNobody - Fix Long Range Music Bricks Please!  (Read 1915 times)

Dear MrNobody, please fix your longe range music bricks, there is a currently a bug that makes Blockland stop responding in the middle of it saving. When this happen the save gets corrupted, luckily my Dodgeball save somehow didn't get completely corrupted but instead got reverted to another time when I saved or just didn't load all of the bricks.

Please fix this as this is really a major issue, these are people's creations we are talking about!

Thanks!

NOTE: If you have the add-on just installed in Blockland it is fine, but you once make an event to the brick thats when the crash happens.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 03:01:31 PM by Altiris »

This belongs in help or suggestions/requests or something
Also why didn't you just send him a message?

This belongs in help or suggestions/requests or something
Also why didn't you just send him a message?
So that other people are aware what the add-on does.

Yes. this needs to be fixed ASAP.

I have a ton of saves with this brick on, and its working fine

You should probably PM him as well, just to be safe.

Give a link to the loving addon

This is mostly my problem, as he uses my scripts. Though he claims to have modified it, it's still the exact same thing.

I'll try to get this fixed and then it'll be his problem to update to my new code.

Give a link to the loving addon
No.

All I edited from Chrono's Short Range bricks was the audio range, so I dont have much say on what causes this issue. Ill try to replicate the problem and report back.

Edit: Just successfully recreated the issue. The problem is on both Long and Short range music bricks. Apparently when the brick is evented to set music to none it tries to call "-1" which doesn't exist. Your game will only crash if setting the music to NONE was the last thing you did before saving.

Waiting on Chrono. My efforts on fixing it came back fruitless.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 03:57:48 PM by Mr.Noßody »

All I edited from Chrono's Short Range bricks was the audio range, so I dont have much say on what causes this issue. Ill try to replicate the problem and report back.

Edit: Just successfully recreated the issue. The problem is on both Long and Short range music bricks. Apparently when the brick is evented to set music to none it tries to call "-1" which doesn't exist. Your game will only crash if setting the music to NONE was the last thing you did before saving.

Waiting on Chrono. My efforts on fixing it came back fruitless.
Tyvm
Even by events, i assume?
What if you loaded a build with a music brick that was playing music, deleted it, and saved? would it crash?

Tyvm
Learn to read before you post:

Apparently when the brick is evented to set music to none
evented

I find it odd how this happens only when it's evented.

Anyways, if it's not done today it'll be done tomorrow.

Thanks everyone, I will be able to host my dodgeba server if this gets fixed!

Tyvm
What if you loaded a build with a music brick that was playing music, deleted it, and saved? would it crash?

You will only crash if you try to save bricks right after setting the music brick to "NONE" through events. Just having them is safe.