Author Topic: [Resource] A* Implementation (Pathfinding)  (Read 20718 times)

The path is not coming out in the correct order.

Edit: Found the problem after way too much troubleshooting. Your prependToList function is the same as appendToList.

.. haha, yeah, as I said, I really haven't tested that version and I'm not even sure how finished it is.

What changes did you make?

.. haha, yeah, as I said, I really haven't tested that version and I'm not even sure how finished it is.

I think that was the only thing wrong. I made two changes:

https://bitbucket.org/Greek2me/slayer/diff/Support/Support_Pathing/Support_Pathing.cs?diff2=0f3c65f29fc6&at=dev
https://bitbucket.org/Greek2me/slayer/diff/Support/Support_Pathing/finders/AStarFinder.cs?diff2=b8b24348d3f6&at=dev

Edit: I'm running into this problem now.

Code: [Select]
base/Slayer/Support/Support_Pathing/BaseFinder.cs (10): Unknown command schedule.
  Object (49178) AStarFinder -> BaseFinder -> ScriptObject -> SimObject -> SimObject
base/Slayer/Support/Support_Pathing/finders/AStarFinder.cs (9): Unknown command callHeuristic.
  Object (49178) AStarFinder -> BaseFinder -> ScriptObject -> SimObject -> SimObject
base/Slayer/Support/Support_Pathing/finders/AStarFinder.cs (11): Unknown command schedule.

base/server/scripts/game.cs (1380): Unknown command getType.
base/server/scripts/game.cs (1380): Unknown command getType.

It seems like the object hasn't been fully created by the time ::onAdd is called. All of the needed files have been executed.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 12:20:47 AM by Greek2me »

I mean what was the change between the one in the OP and the one port just posted.

I mean what was the change between the one in the OP and the one port just posted.

I posted that for Port's benefit.

The main changes are that the API allows you to use your own algorithm and heuristic.

Some more info about that bug I'm seeing...

The path object is created, but it seems like it isn't inheriting from the ScriptObject class.

base/Slayer/Support/Support_Pathing/BaseFinder.cs (10): Unknown command schedule.
  Object (25531) AStarFinder -> BaseFinder -> ScriptObject -> SimObject -> SimObject
base/Slayer/Support/Support_Pathing/finders/AStarFinder.cs (9): Unknown command callHeuristic.
  Object (25531) AStarFinder -> BaseFinder -> ScriptObject -> SimObject -> SimObject
base/Slayer/Support/Support_Pathing/finders/AStarFinder.cs (11): Unknown command schedule.
Slayer (Server): AiPlayer::goToObjective: Using path 25531
==>25531.dump();
<input> (0): Unknown command dump.
Window reactivating...
Window reactivating...
==>slayer.pathhandler.paths.list objects();
   25531: ScriptObject
==>25531.dump();
Posting to rtb server
==>echo(isObject(25531));
==>25531.dump();
==>25531.test = "blah";
==>echo(25531.test);
blah
==>25531.setName("testing");
<input> (0): Unknown command setName.
Window reactivating...
Window reactivating...
==>echo(25531.getClassName());
<input> (0): Unknown command getClassName.

After removing the class = %finder; line from the script, the object was created properly.
Slayer (Server): Slayer_NodeTriggerData::onEnterTrigger: 24659^24616^26732^20535
Slayer (Server): AiPlayer::goToObjective: Using path 26772
==>26772.dump();
Member Fields:
  superClass = "BaseFinder"
Tagged Fields:
  A = "24609"
  B = "24614"
  Bot = "26732"
  callBack = "Slayer_onBotPathFound"
  done = "0"
  heuristic = "euclideanPathCost"
Methods:
  addScheduledEvent() -
  call() -
  callHeuristic() -
  cancelEvents() -
  clearEvents() -
  clearNTObjectName() -
  delete() - obj.delete()
  dump() - obj.dump()
  dumpEvents() -
  end() -
  getClassName() - obj.getClassName()
  getGroup() - obj.getGroup()
  getGroupID() -
  getId() - obj.getId()
  getName() - obj.getName()
  getTaggedField() - obj.getTaggedFieldCount(int idx)
  getType() - obj.getType()
  onAdd() -
  onCameraEnterOrbit() -
  onCameraLeaveOrbit() -
  processInputEvent() -
  save() - obj.save(fileName, <selectedOnly>)
  schedule() - object.schedule(time, command, <arg1...argN>);
  scheduleNoQuota() - object.schedule(time, command, <arg1...argN>);
  serializeEvent() -
  serializeEventToString() -
  SetEventEnabled() -
  setName() - obj.setName(newName)
  setNTObjectName() -
  ToggleEventEnabled() -

Obviously that's not a solution though since I need the A* methods.

edit: Full console log: http://www.filedropper.com/console_1

edit2: Of course, none of that makes sense because it's definitely possible to define both the class and the superClass on a ScriptObject:
%mini = new scriptObject()
{
class = Slayer_MinigameSO;
superClass = MinigameSO;
//snip
This works fine. Why doesn't Port's code seem to?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 09:56:24 PM by Greek2me »

I currently have no idea why that's happening, sorry. In other news, I've been working on a nodeless Jump Point Search implementation. 2D works just fine in my tests; I'm just trying to adapt it to allow variance in Z for neighbors.

I currently have no idea why that's happening, sorry. In other news, I've been working on a nodeless Jump Point Search implementation. 2D works just fine in my tests; I'm just trying to adapt it to allow variance in Z for neighbors.

Hm :/ I'll see if I can figure it out.

That sounds interesting.. How does it compare to A* performance-wise? Fairly well apparently. This is a nice demonstration: http://qiao.github.io/PathFinding.js/visual/

I wonder how well a nodeless system would work with bots. I think that I would need to create a trigger, and when the bot reaches it, move the trigger to the next point and have the bot walk in that direction.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 05:18:07 PM by Greek2me »

How does it compare to A* performance-wise?

It can find a full path from one side of half of the ZAPT "Dam" map to the other in ~1 second (obviously, without /any/ nodes).
This is without my HeapQueue implementation and the following timing:

%this.schedule = %this.schedule(getRealTime() - %tickStart, run);

I've written a heap queue implementation which greatly speeds up and simplifies most pathfinding algorithms.

https://gist.github.com/portify/7831259

Here's an example of simplifying basic A* with it:

function AStar(%a, %b) {
   %open = HeapQueue(%a);

while (%open.size) {
      %node = %open.pop();
      %closed[%node] = 1;

if (%node.getID() == %b.getID()) {
         while (%node !$= "") {
            %path = %node @ (%path $= "" ? "" : " ") @ %path;
            %node = %parent[%node];
         }

return %path;
      }

for (%i = 0; %i < %node.links; %i++) {
         %link = %node.link[%i];

if (!%closed[%link]) {
            %parent[%link] = %node;

if (!%open.contains(%link)) {
               %open.push(%link, vectorDist(%node.position, %link.position));
            }
         }
      }
   }

return "";
}

Bump. Any news on the JPS?

In the meantime, I've implemented the heap queue and have begun writing the jump-point search myself (along with a grid system):

https://bitbucket.org/Greek2me/slayer/src/96d4481dd04b7f4e5ebf3bc19ca0a7fa2047b318/Support/Support_Pathing/?at=dev