=

-
0 (0%)
?
0 (0%)
-
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Spiral Knights - Iron Guilds  (Read 129434 times)

Download - Website - Wiki - Forums - CE Price Watch

Spiral Knights is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game, commonly referred to be Zelda-esque, developed by Three Rings Design and published by Sega. The free-to-play, Java-based game was released to advance testers on November 12, 2009 and to the general public on April 4, 2011. In the game, the player controls a knight of the Spiral Knights order, which has crash-landed on the mysterious planet Cradle. Knights collectively explore the Clockworks, the mechanized, constantly reorganizing dungeon that fills the planet's interior. The knights equip armor and weapons to aid them in their battles against the monsters inhabiting the Clockworks. When they are not exploring, knights trade with each other and with vendors, in order to improve their equipment.

News
Sorry, unlike what I did for the TF2 image, the Spiral Knights blog doesn't let me copy the image URL!

Updates to the Guild Hall along with new prize boxes!

Gameplay
Perhaps I took it from Wikipedia PERHAPS I DID

Spiral Knights is a top-down, third-person, real-time action-adventure game. While thousands of knights may be participating in Spiral Knights at a time, any given knight interacts directly with only a small subset of them. For example, in Haven there are typically tens of knights present; however, there are tens of independent copies of Haven being maintained simultaneously. When a knight is in the Clockworks, he interacts with only three (or fewer) other knights, as well as numerous monsters.

When a party of knights begins a Clockworks level, they appear together at an entry point. Their goal is to make it to the elevator, which allows them to descend to the next level or to return to Haven. The knights' route through the level is controlled, to some extent, by a sequence of gates. For example, one kind of gate opens only when the entire party stands together on a platform in front of it; when the gate opens, another gate immediately closes behind the party, sealing off the route from which they came. There are also switches to activate, keys to retrieve, and traps to avoid.

While they proceed through the level, the knights battle monsters together in real time. A knight may wear three pieces of armor (suit, helmet, and shield) and up to two trinkets (items that grant additional protection or enhancement) at a time. Also, a knight may wield up to four weapons at a time, by choosing from among whatever swords, handguns, and bombs he possesses. There are four kinds of damage, that a knight can inflict upon a monster, depending on the weapon he uses: normal, piercing, elemental, and shadow. Each monster type is vulnerable, neutral, and resistant to certain damage types. Additionally, there are seven status effects that a knight can inflict upon a monster: freeze, shock, curse, fire, sleep, poison, and stun. Status effects do not directly damage the monster, but do affect its ability to continue fighting. Symmetrically, monsters deal certain kinds of damage and status effects to knights, who resist them to varying degrees based on their armor. Occasionally, knights find objects that temporarily bolster their defenses, that partially heal their damage, or that they can throw at monsters to inflict damage and induce status effects.

The knights collect treasure dropped by the monsters and extracted from treasure chests. They also collect minerals, which can be applied to the construction of new gates in the Arcade. Significantly, most of the items picked up by the party during its travels are shared. In this way, the rules of the game promote teamwork rather than competition among players. Knights help each other by ganging up on monsters, by healing each other, etc. However, some items are not shared, and some players prefer to play Spiral Knights solo.

On August 2, 2011, a player-versus-player feature was added, in which knights enter contests against each other, with a chance of winning prizes. The first of these contests, called Blast Network, is similar to Bomberman; players place bombs to destroy blocks and their opponents while collecting power-ups. The second contest, called Lockdown, employs gameplay similar to that of the rest of Spiral Knights. Each team of knights attempts to capture and defend control points from the opposing team. Each knight's usual shield is replaced with one of three special abilities: speed, invisibility, or strong defense.

On February 22, 2012, a system of missions was introduced. "Missions range from simple tasks like speaking with an NPC to going on a major expedition." Missions reward the knight with rank, prestige, and items.

Classes
Click on the pictures to read up on each classes' guide!

General Roles
The Swordmaster - Swords are the basis of Spiral Knights, and as such are the most effective way to deal massive damage to enemies. They are the key to protect yourself from danger. It is important to familiarize yourself with techniques such as shield bumping, along with keeping attack patterns in mind. There are three types of swords, according to their speed, from slow, normal, and fast.
The Gunslinger - Guns allow you to stay at a distance from the enemy while still damaging them, Many guns deal full specialized damage. By doing so, you act as a "Mage class" as you are able to deal damage from afar. Guns by far have variety in which they have several types of bullet shots. They must rely on their movement ability to stay at a certain range.
The Bomber - Bombers are considered as the few, yet important. They are able to use many bombs to control waves of enemies, and they can spread status effects. Although seemingly tedious, bombs are powerful tools that can ease the difficulty any team is facing. Bombers must be able to know which bomb is effective for a certain situation, along with placing bombs for the greater good of the team
The Shieldbearer - Although not considered a class itself, every other class depends on the defense of a shield, and you should always keep one handy. The proper use of a shield will allow survival amongst the Clockworks. Being able to time your blocks perfectly allow yourself to fully optimize yourself for any fight you enter.

Lockdown Classes
Striker - Strikers are able to charge into action as they provide offense, being able to rush into and out of situations with their dash ability.
Guardian - The only class with a shield, they act as a hulking defensive tank whom can cover others in dire need of help.
Recon - Recon players use visibility cloaks and disruption fields to surprise enemies, and catch them off-guard in the heat of battle.

Knights and Guilds

Knights
Have a different in-game username or you want people to add you? Post your IGN and your Tier Rank and/or Star Rank and it'll be shortly put up here for other people to friend you!

16-Bit - 16-Bit Yoshi (Tier 3)
ArmyUnit - ArmyUnit (Tier ?)
Ayxrion - Ayxrion - (Tier 2)
Betelgeuse - Betelgeuse (Tier 3)
Camera - Camera (Tier 3) / Aremac (Tier ?)
Cargøn - Xdlolrusxd (Tier 3)
Chapersteddy - Dragonosis (Tier 3)
Comatose - Osteopathic (Tier ?)
Dexxtter - Dexxtter (Tier 2)
Doughboy - Valamiz (Tier ?)
Duhman115 - Rehator (Tier ?)
.:FancyPants:. -  Fancypants-BL (Tier 3)
Fastlex - Fastlex (Tier 3) / MGL-Wyvern (Tier ?)
Flamecannon - Pyrocumulus (Tier 3)
Flatflyer - Flatflyer (Tier ?)
Hiiro326 - Dradge (Tier 3)
Ichigo123 - Redcloth (Tier ?)
InvisibleName - Invisible-Name (Tier 2)
jonnyman5656 - Waffle-Destroyer (Tier 1)
lordician - Lordician (Tier 2)
Neon - Neonblood (Tier 3)
Prozy - Daprozy (Tier ?)
Querty67 - Zero-Void (Tier 3)
Sentry - Facefood (Tier 3)
SgtDaemon - Sgtdaemon (Tier 3)
Sonicfangirl11 - Angeltf (Tier 2)
Spartan923 - Show-down (Tier 3)
TheProdWad - The-Prod-Wad (Tier ?)
TristanLuigi - TristanBomb (Tier 1)
Yosher - Idriszomer (Tier 3)
Zay - Ractrek (Tier ?)

Guilds
Have a guild you want to advertise? Post the name of the guild, a Spiral Knights wiki page so people may refer to it (If you have one, otherwise you may compile a post about your guild and I shall link it to your guild), what Tier Rank and/or Star Rank the guild is/looking for, and any necessary information!

Shader Crusaders

Blockland's (supposedly) second "official" guild! To join, simply contact any officer in the guild and you're more than likely in.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 09:37:25 AM by Flamecannon »

Very well made thread.

Where is a good place to heat T2 Weps?
IGN:Fastlex
My only character
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 01:50:54 AM by Fastlex »

A good spiral knights megathread?
HOW DO

More work on my part, but if you guys would prefer I can make it so then I have a list of players along with the IGN

there are no actual classes, but okay.

anyways, one thing i dislike about this game is the horrid enemy placement and how freakishly overpowered they are. other than that it's pretty fun to play.

IGN: Idriszomer

it was between roles or classes

or jobs idk

there have been so many of these
but this is the most well made so far, so i really hope it survives.

for classes you could mention the lockdown classes, maybe?

there are no actual classes, but okay.
I think those classes stand for skills and stuff.

Ign:Daprozy
(Because Prozy was taken :c)

there aren't even that many people who play SK that are here, so a player list wouldn't be too long.

Anyone want to do some run?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 01:10:41 AM by Fastlex »

Does it still have the awful energy system?

CE is priced at 6500 per 100 I played a full 3 hours (Then took a break)

EDIT: Is there an elemental and piercing armor?
I need the defence.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 02:40:53 PM by Fastlex »

Any one want to do some run?
yeah yeah yeah, you and your stupid early start to winter break.

It's called money, three rings needs it.

CE is priced at 6500 per 100 I played a full 3 hours (Then took a break)

EDIT: Is there an elemental and piercing armor?
I need the defence.

I believe the chromalisk armor has that.