Author Topic: TF2/sourcemod: I think I screwed up something  (Read 1456 times)

I'm trying to install custom weapons here, on TF2, and I think I messed something up between complicated and overlapping installation instructions of 3 different plugins and 1 of them having some distinct differences so I'm kinda at a loss.

Some stuff is half working, so I want to like uninstall sourcemod, reinstall the whole thing again and see if I can re-work all the overlapping installations.

Problem is, when I look for places sourcemod and its extensions have spread their stuff, they're in a lot of places.

so do I delete as much as I can find or what?

Are you trying to install custom weapons on a TF2 server that you're running with some SourceMod extension/plugin?

Are you trying to install custom weapons on a TF2 server that you're running with some SourceMod extension/plugin?
Yeah. Apparently, to Abex3000's new guide, items_game isn't working, so you have to install TF2Items and giveweapon (and of coruse sourcemod and consequently metamod). The TF2 server is a listen server via the + symbol next to "servers".

If you want everything back to normal so you can get a fresh start delete your steamapps/(username)/team fortress 2 folder

It will recreate all the files in there from the big package files.

Edit: I don't know if I understand what you're trying to do.

If you want everything back to normal so you can get a fresh start delete your steamapps/(username)/team fortress 2 folder

It will recreate all the files in there from the big package files.

Edit: I don't know if I understand what you're trying to do.
All I think I need to is delete TF and tf2 will redownload. All of metamod and sourcemod's stuff are in the TF folder I think.
I'm trying to get custom weapons to work, using this guide.

Goddamnit, why can't this be easier.

Are you trying to install a skin or create your own gun?

I highly recommend using a command-line dedicated server (get hldsupdatetool) for running a TF2 server instead of listen servers. I'm pretty sure starting a server from the "+" icon in TF2 even forces it to be LAN only.

Are you trying to install a skin or create your own gun?
Combine attributes to make a new gun.
I highly recommend using a command-line dedicated server (get hldsupdatetool) for running a TF2 server instead of listen servers. I'm pretty sure starting a server from the "+" icon in TF2 even forces it to be LAN only.
I'll install this.

EDIT: I install and look at the tutorial and see that I don't have a srcds folder! c: Also apparently there's no "tf" game.
"<game>      "cstrike", "dmc", "dod", "ricochet", "tfc", "valve", "Counter-Strike Source", or "hl2mp" "
taken from the readme.
Welp forget.

It seems like I'm driving myself into a deeper pile of stuff. Tell me whether I can just delete tf and have it reinstall and then try to start everything over.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 11:07:39 AM by 300spartan »

EDIT: I install and look at the tutorial and see that I don't have a srcds folder! c: Also apparently there's no "tf" game.
"<game>      "cstrike", "dmc", "dod", "ricochet", "tfc", "valve", "Counter-Strike Source", or "hl2mp" "
taken from the readme.
Welp forget.

You should make your own srcds folder. It does have "tf", it's just not listed in the readme.

The thing is I feel like I've screwed stuff up so much that I want to just wipe it clean and start again.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 11:26:07 AM by 300spartan »

The thing is I feel like I've screwed stuff up so much that I want to just wipe it clean and start again.

doing it. thanks.
also, why does your steam look so cool?

to make custom weapons, you need this:
Metamod
Sourcemod
Some way to make a dedicated server (not listen)
TF2Items
TF2Items: Give weapon (I want to do "file" version)

Am I missing something here?