Author Topic: Admin Applications are a horrible idea  (Read 3044 times)

i hate app-grade admins. you usually wind up with the same group of crap admins apping every time that just sit outside the minigame and do stupid stuff.

Perma ban for a time, like a month. Not forever.

Permaban is Permanent

use lots of days instead

Perma ban for a time, like a month. Not forever.
You might want to say a month ban, not a perma ban for a month. Two differences.

You might want to say a month ban, not a perma ban for a month. Two differences.
Eh, but i'm lazy to do "time" math. :I

Eh, but i'm lazy to do "time" math. :I
lol permanent is forver and one month, is, one month, not very hard to understand.

Dramas don't state that you shouldn't grant someone administrative privileges.

I have an application registration, but now it is getting a lot harder and now I need the admins on my server to confirm if it should be agreed.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 03:13:39 AM by Advanced Bot »

Dramas don't state that you shouldn't grant someone administrative privileges.
it does, drama on your tail can effect your persona and how others look at you, it's understandable, and i do that myself.

it does, drama on your tail can effect your persona and how others look at you, it's understandable, and i do that myself.
Depends the drama. I got drama'd from Rainbow because of history him and I had, and most of it backfired at him for being an idiot.

Depends the drama. I got drama'd from Rainbow because of history him and I had, and most of it backfired at him for being an idiot.
yeah i left that out.

Pecon used applications on his Boss Battles server because he wanted a large administration staff, and "My friend isn't an idiot, no really I swear" only works so far down the chain. We review with really strict standards, for every one that gets accepted we reject like fifteen applications that have something like "I will not abuse, I just want to help the server" in them. (And if you can't tell what's wrong with that then you definitely shouldn't be running this kind of system.)

The results of the system are pretty good - we have like 40 administrators and have only ever needed to remove a few for abuse. Most of the ones that get removed are for inactivity, so the ratio of accepted to abusive is pretty good.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 05:27:42 PM by ravencroft »

I dont really like the idea of Admin apps.
Unless of course you don't have friends that will help administrate the server.

I reserver super admin for people I know irl and admin for people over the internet that I trust enough to hold that position.

I reserver super admin for people I know irl and admin for people over the internet that I trust enough to hold that position.
I'd do that, although I have a few online friends who shouldn't deserve admin at all but since "Were real life friends i deserve it" kind of thing..