Author Topic: Should I root my Nook Color?  (Read 798 times)

So I've had this Nook Color for a year now, and I can't say I've used it much. I'm not even much of a reader, and I was going to sell it but I didn't want to make my parents upset. So today I was wondering "Hey, if you can jailbreak an iPod, and iPhone, couldn't you jailbreak tablets as well, and maybe the nook?"

So I googled it, and hey, you can. I just need your opinions guys. I realize that if I do, it will void my warranty (which is more than likely over). So should I?

If the warranty's already over, have at it. It won't cost you any more money.

I've had my iPod Touch for over 3 years, and I jailbroke it, no issues caused.

I've had my iPod Touch for over 3 years, and I jailbroke it, no issues caused.
This was one of the best decisions I've ever made with my iPod, the only downside is that it's sorta slow, crashes often, and is only 8gb. But hey, you get used to it lol.

This was one of the best decisions I've ever made with my iPod, the only downside is that it's sorta slow, crashes often, and is only 8gb. But hey, you get used to it lol.

Jeez, 8gb? Mine's 32. :P
My iPod doesn't crash too much, nor is it slow. Only issue is a dent in the side stopping the volume buttons from working, but I got around that pretty quickly.

...people commend me for not having cracked the screen, without using a case for over 2 years.

Jeez, 8gb? Mine's 32. :P
My iPod doesn't crash too much, nor is it slow. Only issue is a dent in the side stopping the volume buttons from working, but I got around that pretty quickly.

...people commend me for not having cracked the screen, without using a case for over 2 years.
Mine doesn't have any cracks on it either and I've had it for 2 years as well, hahaha.

They commend you? Do you mean commented you.

They commend you? Do you mean commented you.

"to present, mention, or praise as worthy of confidence, notice, kindness, etc.; recommend: to commend a friend to another; to commend an applicant for employment."

BUT OF COURSE, PEOPLE PUT ME IN CHARGE OF THEIR IPHONES REGULARLY TO NOT CRACK THEIR SCREENS!

/sarcasm

yeah, bad use of vocabulary. 'commented' might have been a better fit.

Sell it and buy something that isnt a waste of money

"to present, mention, or praise as worthy of confidence, notice, kindness, etc.; recommend: to commend a friend to another; to commend an applicant for employment."

BUT OF COURSE, PEOPLE PUT ME IN CHARGE OF THEIR IPHONES REGULARLY TO NOT CRACK THEIR SCREENS!

/sarcasm

yeah, bad use of vocabulary. 'commented' might have been a better fit.

no, commend was right lol

You should root it. It's worth it solely for the android market.