Author Topic: Why is it that I keep getting blue screens while playing games?  (Read 1352 times)

A few quick Google searches later and i'm reading a lot about anti-virus programs causing this
What anti virus program do you have installed?
I'm also seeing a lot of people blame faulty sticks of RAM, so test those.
Also are you over-clocking? Apparently that can be a cause.

I loaded memtest to my flashdrive and set it to boot off of that but it continued to boot off the hard drive anyway and now it's stuck at the starting windows screen for about 5 minutes now should I shut it off or let it continue?

I've got malwarebytes installed

I loaded memtest to my flashdrive and set it to boot off of that but it continued to boot off the hard drive anyway and now it's stuck at the starting windows screen for about 5 minutes now should I shut it off or let it continue?

I've got malwarebytes installed
you need to manually select it when booting by mashing whatever key your motherboard BIOS wants to allow you to choose the startup drive to load off of.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jqdfpy9671q6gsr/Photo%20Dec%2023%2C%2012%2035%2052%20AM.jpg

I'm stuck here because the flash drive simply won't work and my mouse or keyboard isn't responding
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 02:25:44 AM by Spectrum2 »

Actually, I'm going to shut down and continue this tomorrow when my patience is more flexible, thank you for the help guys

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jqdfpy9671q6gsr/Photo%20Dec%2023%2C%2012%2035%2052%20AM.jpg

I'm stuck here because the flash drive simply won't work and my mouse or keyboard isn't responding
you're booting into recovery options, not the flash drive that has memtest.

I go the memtest to work and everything checks out ok.

However, when I try use the command prompt for the command you told me to use, I get:

C:\Windows\system32>chkdks /r
'chkdks' is not recognized as an
operable program or batch file.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 12:17:41 PM by Spectrum2 »

Its chkdsk not chkdks.

It stands for checkdisk.
Either Nickelob had a spelling mishap or he wants you to check for richards.  Which your computer obviously doesn't support.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 12:25:47 PM by Dglider »

Its chkdsk not chkdks.

It stands for checkdisk.
Either Nickelob had a spelling mishap or he wants you to check for richards.  Which your computer obviously doesn't support.

But he needs to check his richards :(

Its chkdsk not chkdks.

It stands for checkdisk.
ok, thats that's what I figured, rebooting now