Poll

Good idea?

yes
no
plausible (both)
broccoli

Author Topic: what if blockland was used in schools for education?  (Read 2999 times)

It would be awesome if it was LAN

What are we going to educate them on? The dimensions of a brick?

Also, this game is NOT kid friendly.

What are we going to educate them on? The dimensions of a brick?

Also, this game is NOT kid friendly.
then whats with the legos?
its not kid friendly regarding the community, but the gameplay is

Badspot would have to create a bulk-licence system.

The funny thing is, ive noticed

MANY

times where i've had to use math.

Then how is minecraft used in schools?

If Blockland was used in education, everyone will get the wrong idea of "Physics."

Ingame it's pretty useless

As a code testing tool like tritnik said it would be good. It would have better motivation than for plain coding since the stuff you make would be immediately usable for entertainment
IIRC Notch was able to edit Minecraft's code live and the effects would occur without having to reopen minecraft or anything. So Minecraft would probably be better for immediate changes.

And Blockland has no educational value IMO

i disagree. it could actually be used to teach in some forms architectural design.

No.

3D modellers would be used for this since that is a valuable thing to learn for the industry. Why the hell would you use a kiddy lego game as a serious or budding architect? You wouldn't.

I dunno about architecture, but if you ever take a secondary school design course (furniture and basic spatial design) you'll quickly learn why something like Blockland would be inappropriate.

Events may be good for increasing logical thinking and perhaps a kiddies introduction to understanding programming, but ultimately, its entirely useless outside of Blockland.

There is absolutely no room for Blockland in education.

I've used math way to much in this game

If Blockland was used in education, everyone will get the wrong idea of "Physics."
Welp, there's that.

If there was some type of programming/modeling class, then blockland would be useful to use to easily test and show your mod in.

If there was some type of programming/modeling class, then blockland would be useful to use to easily test and show your mod in.
Torque is a useless language to teach and the modelling program can render your model just fine.

Nobody would learn anything