what if blockland was used in schools for education?

Poll

Good idea?

yes
no
plausible (both)
broccoli

Author Topic: what if blockland was used in schools for education?  (Read 2968 times)

I know that Kong123's aunt or grandma or something was considering using it for her geometry class.

I tried recommending Blockland to my drafting teacher for educational use, since it related to architecture. She has this IT guy who reviews the games we suggest to make sure they are okay for use, and after months of waiting and waiting, I found out from her that the game got rejected by the entire school board or something and is banned in my school. Probably just because it has tanks and rockets and guns in it.

Our school's internet is censored really dumb-ishly, minecraft.net is totally blocked, yet the most frequently visited game sites by my class like adult swim games aren't.
Oh but I can access the forums here still there
and you think your schools filter is bad?
my school's filter is insane. 75% of the internet is blocked due to "active-adapt filter". the hell is that

My middle school was ass. It blocked YouTube along with every other game site. And the principle was a douchebag as well

My middle school was ass. It blocked YouTube along with every other game site. And the principle was a douchebag as well
Proxies are wonderful :), Although there could  have been consequences to getting caught.

then whats with the legos?
its not kid friendly regarding the community, but the gameplay is
Oh, we just need to exile Lord Tony and get server moderation from professional administrators then we'd be good.

Proxies are wonderful :), Although there could  have been consequences to getting caught.

That's what I did in the high school but they blocked ultra surf and hotspot shield acts handicapped and has stopped working.

That's what I did in the high school but they blocked ultra surf and hotspot shield acts handicapped and has stopped working.
You can use google translate as a proxy also.

You can use google translate as a proxy also.

Tried it but dat stuff don't work

Btw the bubbagum topic needs you  :cookieMonster:

Tried it but dat stuff don't work

Btw the bubbagum topic needs you  :cookieMonster:
a vpn perhaps? I suggest avoiding the previous suggestion in this post.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 10:21:55 PM by Blocklandian¹ »

a vpn perhaps? I suggest avoiding the previous suggestion in this post.
k

While TorqueScript is a horrible language for serious development, Blockland seems like it would be a very good way to introduce people to programming whom know nothing beforehand.

.. as long as you can forget everything about TorqueScript when you're finished
or you could just teach them to program. there are better ways than blockland, and learning torquescript as a beginning doesn't make sense to me, since it's not very applicable to many situations

or you could just teach them to program. there are better ways than blockland, and learning torquescript as a beginning doesn't make sense to me, since it's not very applicable to many situations
I'd teach processing or java