Wii u light flashing and not displaying pictures on the tv, help.

Author Topic: Wii u light flashing and not displaying pictures on the tv, help.  (Read 953 times)

Seriously, I have everything connected up correctly, and when I turn it on, the light flashes blue and doesn't display anything on the screen, the controller can turn on, but it can't sync.

Does anyone know what this means?

A flashing light with no picture entails a bricked WiiU :(

Did you literally just take it out of the box and set it up?

Because if so, I see no reason why it should be bricked.

bricked? What?
When people try to jailbreak things like consoles, if they mess it up to much it becomes "bricked" and wont work. I guess it's called that because it just breaks the console into a worthless "brick."

it's not bricked

apparently it's a hardware problem

it's not bricked

apparently it's a hardware problem
Bricked.

Bricked.
nintendo had nothing to do with it. the chances of it being bricked out of the box are about as likely as the chances were of the world ending four days ago.

someone forgeted up in sending it to wherever he bought it from, and something inside broke/got loose. that's it.

nintendo had nothing to do with it. the chances of it being bricked out of the box are about as likely as the chances were of the world ending four days ago.

someone forgeted up in sending it to wherever he bought it from, and something inside broke/got loose. that's it.
It's defective hardware, and it is bricked. I looked it up on Nintendos website and they all said the same thing. If it's doing this, it's defective and should be taken back to the store where it was purchased for replacement.

Broken hardware means that the device is bricked.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 11:08:02 AM by Jeep »

Just return it. You usually can do that and get a real copy, or phone Nintendo help line and tell them that the console was broken so they can check the consoles of the same shipment that they're working too.

Did you literally just take it out of the box and set it up?

Because if so, I see no reason why it should be bricked.
Yeah, I did.

"wii u"

"tv"

Wat
yeah, why not?

When people try to jailbreak things like consoles, if they mess it up to much it becomes "bricked" and wont work. I guess it's called that because it just breaks the console into a worthless "brick."
I didn't even jailbreak it, I just turned it on and it wouldn't come on.

Just return it. You usually can do that and get a real copy, or phone Nintendo help line and tell them that the console was broken so they can check the consoles of the same shipment that they're working too.
We got it from amazon, and we're getting a replacement.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 11:18:14 AM by Maxwell23461 »

Also, bricking generally results from jailbreaking. However, other times the hardware just fails (manufacturer defect).

But sorry to hear about that :(

Well, this is the only present I got for Christmas, and most of it was from my money :(

just return it if you can and get a different one, you just got a broken one.