Author Topic: Help- SSD!  (Read 1966 times)

Fresh Install means I have to reinstall, ALL my programs right..? ;-;

How do I choose what drive to install stuff on tho?

Depends. If you're doing a clean install, remove the HDD and insert the SSD. Then boot with the disc and do the install that way. If you can, have both drives hooked up at the same time. You should be able to do this, even if your case doesn't have a slot for a second one.

Depends. If you're doing a clean install, remove the HDD and insert the SSD. Then boot with the disc and do the install that way. If you can, have both drives hooked up at the same time. You should be able to do this, even if your case doesn't have a slot for a second one.
My case fits 9 3.5" HDD's and 3 SSD's.

Wait wait wait. If my HDD has all my programs installed on it, And I just use the SSD as a boot drive, I still have to reinstall all my stuff? I'm confused.

Actually if you do a fresh install on your SSD I imagine you'd just put in the hard drive after, delete the OS from the hard drive, and you'd still have all your stuff. Then you could move games and whatnot to your SSD with the space it has left.

I just fresh installed windows on the SSD, then just accessed my files on the old drive.

Alright, I'll try it, I'm setting up username and what not right now.

I did the OS, Installed my drivers etc, Reboot. And um. Ya.  

Just a blinking white "_".

slide a magnet all over the drives. this will help them wake up.

just kidding i don't hate you

slide a magnet all over the drives. this will help them wake up.

just kidding i don't hate you

wtf. Oh lol. But seriously. HELP.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 01:56:46 PM by Glassy »

wtf. Oh lol. But seriously. HELP.
Try going to into the boot menu when you reboot

Change your SSD to top of the boot priority