Author Topic: Help- SSD!  (Read 1921 times)

Alright So, I'm following some instructions on how to switch my OS to my new SSD. But I wanted to know, When I switch my OS, Does it switch my Documents, Downloads folder, etc all to the SSD? I only have a 120GB SSD and my main drive has 131GB used. So...Ya, Does it?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 11:53:32 AM by Glassy »

What do you mean "switch"?  Just pulling out the hard drive and sticking in an SSD?

You'll need to hook them both up at the same time and have a program copy EVERYTHING over to the SSD from the hard drive.

What do you mean "switch"?  Just pulling out the hard drive and sticking in an SSD?

You'll need to hook them both up at the same time and have a program copy EVERYTHING over to the SSD from the hard drive.
I mean keep both.

I backed up my HDD to my secondary one, Now I want to switch it to my SSD.

It may or may not move the folders. At worst, it will create a "windows.old" file on your drive, where you can access all of your old files

I still need to transfer it to my SSD, Which I don't know how to do.

« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 11:13:28 AM by Jeep »

Here you go.

Oops. Hang on. I'll find a tutorial.
That would help. If I had a crucial SSD.

Here you go.

Fixed
You should ask this to be put on the op in the computer mega thread.

How nice. SSD is too loving small.

Haha, just delete a ton of stuff on the original HDD, and try to transfer again. If that doesn't work, do a fresh install of Windows on the SSD.

Haha, just delete a ton of stuff on the original HDD, and try to transfer again. If that doesn't work, do a fresh install of Windows on the SSD.
Deleting a few old games. Well, putting them on my second 1TB drive so if I want them again.

Question.. Wont it just get full after downloading new games...?

Deleting a few old games. Well, putting them on my second 1TB drive so if I want them again.

Question.. Wont it just get full after downloading new games...?
Get the steam beta and make a library on a different Harddrive.

But I would want my Program files, documents, etc on a seperate drive. I just want to boot off the SSD.

But I would want my Program files, documents, etc on a seperate drive. I just want to boot off the SSD.
Then I suggest a fresh install on the ssd. Make sure if you install steam, you install it to the other HDD.