7 (10.1%)
No! Don't pay!
5 (7.2%)
No! Pay!
4 (5.8%)
Keep waiting...
5 (7.2%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: Think I just got a virus...  (Read 2045 times)

just system restore, my brother has had this 3 times and i've had to fix it for him, lol.

that is unnecessarily complicated

boot into safe mode with networking, download malwarebytes, and run a scan.

Oh, and by the way, no police will ever lock down your computer. They would just come to your house and confiscate it. Don't fall for this.

The least I can do is tell you to open up regedit in safemode, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER => Software => Microsoft => Windows => CurrentVersion => Run and look for random lettered executables that point to %AppData% folders and Windows folders such as System32. Check HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE (Including the sub-categories, CurrentVersion => Run etc) as well for the same thing.

Whatever you do, don't start removing registry entries, just take a screenshot of it and post it here. if you remove random entries then your computer will not work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SystemRescueCD
with anti-malware should do it but it takes time to set up.

Checking Task-manager privileges

HKEY_CURRENT_USER => Software => Microsoft => Windows => CurrentVersion => Policies => System => DisableTaskMgr (double click on it), you'll find it's been turned on.

I had this. If you refused to not buy the software, the supposed virus activated, disabling multiple removal services, SUCH AS loving MALWAREBYTES, then changed everything, like the desktop to research images.

I showed that to my mom being myself 9, and she took a hammer and smashed the screen in, then called Dell for warranty.
lol what the forget