Author Topic: Block Wars Modification Contest  (Read 918 times)

Modification Contest

Block Wars is nearing its completion (December mother forgeters, we're serious about that) but I'm in a bit of pickle, so being the last running community project ever (not a forum game), I figured I'd ask to community for help.

What the contest is

As you're probably all aware of, in Star Wars there's a famous scene that takes place in the Mos Eisley Cantina:

And in that scene there are forget-ton of aliens. Now of course I could just do decals for all of these aliens, but personally I don't think that's as fun, so I'm coming to blockland's modification community for help in creating some cool head models/player types.

What I want you to do

If you are a modder, or even just a 3d artist, who's interested in helping, all I need you to do is create an alien for me. It can be as simple as a head that a blockhead can wear, or a full playertype conversion that changes the whole player. The difficulty is up to you.

The best part is that, since this is a comedy movie, the choice of what you create is up to you. If you want to be a purist and recreate something that already exists in the movie, go for it, and if you want to go wild and model an alien who's made entirely of bananas, that's cool too.

These are minor backgrounds characters who will only be featured for a few scenes, so this is your chance to hide as many easter eggs into Block Wars as you want.

How long do you have?

Well, given that I know making mods and models can be somewhat time consuming, especially since I can't ask you to make this a priority, I'm willing to give you as much time as possible.

The deadline, then, will be Star Wars 7's release date, December 18th. That should give you all of November and some of December to make your mod.

How is it chosen and what's the prize?

The winner will be chosen by the members of the forums. All you have to do to enter is present your mod in a screenshot and then post that here to the forum.

On the 18th the contest will be officially closed and all applications will be made into poll options in this topic, where we'll all be able to vote on our favorites (probably up to 3).

The winners (I'll probably chose up to ten to be background characters) will get their addons in the film, as well as be given a credit in the films credits.

However, the person who gets the most votes will receive a specialized prize from me and the talents I can do for you. Maybe a personalized ring tone (or anything else pertaining to voice acting that I can do for you) some sort of art (or anything art related I can do for you) or really anything you can think of that you'd want from me (within reason of being able to do it) I'll do it for the winner.

Or, if all else fails and you don't want any of that stuff, I'll gladly gift you a Steam game worth 20 dollars or less. So really it'll be up to you the kind of prize you'd like to receive.

Conclusion

So, the contest is now officially open! I hope you all can come up with some interesting concepts and I look forward to seeing your results and will be eternally grateful that you've assisted me in creating my goofy Star Wars movie.