The Thinker I - A 6-bit Addition ALU

Author Topic: The Thinker I - A 6-bit Addition ALU  (Read 1854 times)

The Thinker I

"The Thinker I" is a 6-bit Blockland addition ALU that is capable of counting from 0 to 63. The ALU does not use any kind of named bricks or relays that go in a specific direction, so you are able to have multiple builds of "The Thinker I" on your server running at the same time. The circuitry that the ALU uses is Melting Plastic's Logic Bricks.

The speed of the ALU is unknown. I haven't done any kind of calculations of how many calculations it can do per second, so it's up to your (or possibly someone else) to find it yourself.

For Developers
Red - I/O 32
Yellow - I/O 16
Green - I/O 8
Blue - I/O 4
Orange - I/O 2
Dark Red - I/O 1
Black - Integer Overflow error
Simple Diagram

Downloads
Download (MediaFire) The Thinker I 6-bit ALU.zip, 407 kB
Download (Return to Blockland) Brick_Logic.zip, 29.09 kB kB

All my Yes.

I swear to god Comblock should like- implement this mod with their clan

I would then totally apply

Logic bricks make me wonder if someone took enough time and made a big enough build using logic bricks to build an actual computer with all the computer parts. I wonder what the OS would be like on it, and I bet that it would lag the heck out of the game.

Logic bricks make me wonder if someone took enough time and made a big enough build using logic bricks to build an actual computer with all the computer parts. I wonder what the OS would be like on it, and I bet that it would lag the heck out of the game.

I've already downloaded the mod. Turns out there's an extension package which already has a full adder on a single 2x3 plate brick. I was busy making an adder in it, until i realized that it would be EXTREMELY difficult to space out all the components. Also, the components are extremely confusing, which means that to work with this mod you need to know exactly how the components work in real life in order to understand to which ports which wires connect to, ect.

Luckily i do :)

To understand how each of them components work i suggest taking a look at a program called Logisim. It's a logical circuit simulator, and hell people make real computers in that program.

To understand how each of them components work i suggest taking a look at a program called Logisim. It's a logical circuit simulator, and hell people make real computers in that program.
Sounds interesting. I'll have a look at that.

This looks very impressive. Does it use a register timed to a clock signal for the counting or some other method?

This looks very impressive. Does it use a register timed to a clock signal for the counting or some other method?
Nope. Just uses AND and XOR gates for counting.

All my Yes.

I swear to god Comblock should like- implement this mod with their clan

I would then totally apply

Damn right we should!