Catalyst Control Center showing version 12.6, even after updating to 12.10

Author Topic: Catalyst Control Center showing version 12.6, even after updating to 12.10  (Read 589 times)

Before you get on my case, yes, I am well aware I need to be updating my graphics drivers more often.

Last night, I was playing DiRT 3 when my screen went grey and the audio began to skip. I allowed the system a moment to regain stability, and it did so. I was brought back to the desktop where a window on my taskbar claimed that my display drivers had crashed, but recovered. I panicked for a moment and restarted my computer to clear the cache.

Upon restarting, I allowed my computer a few minutes to start up Steam, Skype, CCC, and everything else. Once everything was settled, I started up Dishonored. I played for a solid 20 minutes before the screen flickered black and it once again brought me back to my desktop where the same exact message displayed. I decided to restart my computer once more.

Again, I allowed the start up programs to initialize before opening CCC and updating from 12.6 to 12.10 (refer to earlier sentence). The update went smoothly and without incident. Following the update, I restarted the computer. When I opened CCC after restarting, it still showed I had 12.6 and that the last time I had updated was July. Puzzled, I searched up information but could find none. I decided to download Catalyst 12.10 manually off AMD's website and allow the files to overwrite. Once again, the installation went fine but CCC still stated I had an earlier version. I rolled back to 12.6 and updated to 12.10 once more, but nothing was fixed.

What do you guys recommend I do? I know I have the 12.10 files because I checked myself in the AMD folder and since the update, I haven't encountered the pixelation and driver crashes.

You have the .net framework 4 installed right?

The latest Catalyst drivers are really horrible.

I've said this I think 3 times on blf, the new drivers seem to crash very often and upon heavy GPU usage have a higher tendency to crash.
I still have not found a fix for it.

completely delete all AMD related software, restart, download the proper drivers and restart again. if this doesn't work then something is definitely wrong, may be your videocard itself going out

completely delete all AMD related software, restart, download the proper drivers and restart again. if this doesn't work then something is definitely wrong, may be your videocard itself going out
This will not help.
Do not do this.

This will not help.
Do not do this.
so completely deleting drivers, and reinstalling the new ones will not help? it's worth a try to me.

so completely deleting drivers, and reinstalling the new ones will not help? it's worth a try to me.
I got a BSoD when I last tried uninstalling my drivers and when I installed older working ones.

The drivers released by AMD themselves are the issue causing this.

edit;
Yes, I have tried it.

I got a BSoD when I last tried uninstalling my drivers and when I installed older working ones.
strange. i've never gotten a bsod from uninstalling drivers

The drivers released by AMD themselves are the issue causing this.
I am using 12.10 right now and it works fine

strange. i've never gotten a bsod from uninstalling drivers
I am using 12.10 right now and it works fine
It's with certain set-ups, upon high GPU usage the drivers will fail.

The main problem here is that Catalyst doesn't seem to recognize the fact that I'm using 12.10. Rather, it acts as if I'm using 12.6 and refuses to stop telling me to update, even though I have already done so multiple times.

My computer completely froze due to my GPU freezing, and I was only in Blockland. I had to underclock my GPU, forgeted me off.

It's got plenty of power to run it, I'm just clueless as to what is causing it.

My computer completely froze due to my GPU freezing, and I was only in Blockland. I had to underclock my GPU, forgeted me off.

It's got plenty of power to run it, I'm just clueless as to what is causing it.
It's AMD, correct?
If so then look to the posts I've already made.

The main problem here is that Catalyst doesn't seem to recognize the fact that I'm using 12.10. Rather, it acts as if I'm using 12.6 and refuses to stop telling me to update, even though I have already done so multiple times.
My main point is the newer driver sets are forgeted to hell.

just tell it to stop reminding you.

it will stop reminding until the next version.